We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Risk Engineering is a highly cross-functional team dedicated to building the defenses, systems and user flows needed to mitigate financial losses, protect consumers, and ensure Plaid’s customers are compliant with regulatory and financial institution requirements.
The Onboarding Risk team is one of the engineering teams under Risk Engineering and is responsible for designing and building the E2E customer flow and risk/compliance management system that strike a balance between enabling a seamless onboarding experience for Plaid customers and mitigating risk to the overall business.
In this role, you will be responsible for building the E2E customer onboarding flow and the onboarding risk/compliance management system across detection, mitigation and foundation. You will work closely with a talented cross-functional team including product, design and operational partners to design the optimal onboarding risk assessment flow for both Plaid and our customers.
What excites you
- Building an onboarding risk assessment flow with automated identity verification (KYC/KYB).
- Establishing an OCR capability into customer onboarding flow to simplify the onboarding processBuild rules/ML models for onboarding risk assessment.
- Integrating with various 3rd party vendors/data providers to improve the detection coverage in the onboarding risk assessment.
- Building operational tooling to enable Ops partners to execute high quality/efficiency onboarding customer review.
- Working across the entire technical stack from frontend to backend.
- Building optimal customer onboarding flow to enable customers to get access to all Plaid’s offering frictionlessly.
- Building systems that help protect Plaid, customers and our financial institution partners by preventing malicious customers getting into Plaid’s ecosystem.
- Working closely with all major products at Plaid to support new product launches and define/implement risk policies for all Plaid products.
- Partnering with a talented and highly cross-functional team including product, DS, design and operational partners.
- Contributing to define the long term technical vision for a newly formed Engineering team.
What excites us
- 4+ years of industry experience building customer facing products and/or scalable backend systems.
- Experience with full-stack development, including building both client-side and server-side components.
- Prior experience working on both the 0 to 1 stage and the 1 to 100 stage of problems.
- Track record of building products with data driven approach.
- A strong sense of ownership.
- Experience and capability to work effectively with cross function partners.
- Prior experience working on teams or major engineering efforts in the risk/compliance domain is a plus but not required.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
More Information on Plaid
Plaid operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Plaid was founded in 2013. It has 1012 total employees. To see all 168 open jobs at Plaid, click here.
Read Full Job Description