Engineering Manager, Product Security at Twilio (Remote)
Join the team as our next Engineering Manager, Product SecurityWho we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
We are building out a next generation Product Security team that is focused on creating scalable solutions for a rapidly growing organization. We create tools to eliminate classes of vulnerabilities and provide the Security organization with the visibility we need to make the right decisions.
Projects that our team worked on include:
- Made tooling to help eliminate the usage of credentials within source code or config files
- Building tooling that help us manage and eventually eliminate the overhead of vulnerable dependencies in our applications
- Built an unorthodox means of training our developers (this year, we taught them how to threat model to have more eyes on the architecture)
- Created a system to identify, classify, and track sensitive data within our infrastructure in real time
We’re a diverse team of experienced security engineers with strong technical and non-technical backgrounds. We’re a passionate group of individuals who enjoy challenging traditional, prescriptive security techniques of the past and adapting or reimagining them to work with Twilio’s modern development technologies and practices. We talk about our methods and accomplishments in public blogs, at conferences, and in presentations. If you want to be this kind of security person and work with a team that's like you to create innovative security solutions for distributed systems and architecture, we'd love to hear about your approach and introduce you to our team.
A little more about our team:
- Our CISO’s approach to Building a Security Team and Program
- We have talked about securing serverless architectures
- We deleted every employees’ AWS keys!
- We help organize the OWASP SF chapter, OWASP Vancouver chapter, the AppSec California, B-Sides SF, AppSec PNW and Day of Shecurity conferences
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!Required
- 5+ years of experience in Product Security
- You're empathetic, patient, and love to help people grow, even if they don’t report into you
- You’re able to people manage and teach others how to build a Product Security roadmap
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills. You should be able to partner with and articulate identified vulnerabilities and risks to non-technical stakeholders
- You have a solid understanding of software security principles and have experience with threat modeling
- You can break down complex security problems into measurable and solvable pieces
- You have experience working in enterprise software and SaaS domains
- You have experience working with large engineering teams and codebases
- You’re involved in the InfoSec community
This role will be remote, and based in the USA or Canada.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,080 - $200,100
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]