You are the accountable technical service owner of Atlassian University's end-user training products and systems that support our learner experience. You are an enterprise architect, development, operations, compliance/security manager that lives and breathes customer learning experiences. You will team with your colleagues to define the end-to-end learning experience. You will execute, operate, and improve said vision and lead a team of development contractors to support the work. You will report to the Head of the Atlassian University team.
You are our technical visionary of how our systems and products work with each other to support our learner experience. (Our learner experience refers to how our customers interact with our different Atlassian platforms to access and engage in our training solutions.) Systems include a mixture of homegrown, commercial-off-the-shelf and SaaS vendors that provide the essential capabilities, such as:
Learning Management Systems (Intellum)
Training delivery systems
Stay up to date on all the latest technology trends in this area.
You are the Software Development Manager in the Atlassian University product triad. You will manage a team of offshore developers and team with other software developers at Atlassian to provide in-product add-ons, backend microservices, and SaaS vendor integrations.
Key technologies include:
Atlassian Plugin SDK
In addition to being a Development Manager, you are also an Operations Manager...A DevOps Manager if you will. Responsibilities include:
Monitor and resolve high priority incidents and outages
Prioritize tech debt in upcoming sprints
Produce and review operations reports with management
The team is primarily offshore.
Compliance and Security Manager
Trust and security are core to our value proposition and this role.
Monitor and resolve high priority security incidents
Monitor and resolve vulnerabilities identified by our larger Atlassian security capability
Create and operate internal controls
Ensure our Trust Scorecard is >= 90%
The team is primarily offshore.
As mentioned above, our learner experience consists of a mix of homegrown, commercial software, and SaaS vendors. Our vendors are key partners in providing a fabulous end-user experience. You will team with them so we can extract the best from them.
You will partner with your Business Operations peers for:
Product roadmap reviews
Joint strategy sessions
Channel your inner Ben Wyatt and work with our Business Operations peers to make sure the budget is balanced and always optimized for effectiveness. Avoid "Ice Town."
More about you:
- 8+ years in engineering management following Agile development processes; experience managing remote employees (primarily in the Ukraine)
- Breaking down problems into executable chunks and coordinating multiple engineers to deliver a solution
- Experience setting a high bar for operational excellence across the engineering team, and putting systems in place to measure against that bar
- Experience leading teams executing on product development. Experience in working closely with product management, design, and program management to set vision and strategy for the product
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and retaining talent
- Experience in AWS technologies like CloudFormation, EC2, ELB, DynamoDB, RDS and more. AWS experience can be substituted with experience in similar public clouds (i.e Azure)
- Strong programming experience in Java or similar languages, and foundation in data structures, algorithms and distributed system
- Prior operations experience with 24x7 SLAs
- Ability to contribute to the technical and business strategy of the team
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: written and verbal, in-person and remote. You have the ability to build a strong partnership at all levels of our team (with technical and non-technical teammates), and have proven leadership skills in listening, influencing and coordinating
- Customer focus; passion for understanding customers and their needs
- BS (or higher) in CS or related field
And ideally, we'd hope you'd have:
- Knowledge of learning management systems
- Knowledge of e-commerce and finance systems
- Knowledge of website and content management systems
- Knowledge of community management systems
More about our team
You will join our Atlassian University team at a really exciting time! Atlassian is growing rapidly year over year, and we want to scale intelligently while helping our customers unlock value from our products faster. This is an opportunity to play a major role in achieving that goal. We are a small but mighty team of top-tier professionals with diverse skills and work backgrounds. Our team is open, encouraging, focused, located around the globe, and is all about providing outstanding training solutions to our customers!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.