Engineer - AUTOSAR at Motional
The Platform Infrastructure Safety Software team designs and develops high quality software to bolster the safety critical applications on the Motional Vehicle platforms. We are a team of engineers who bring a broad experience in software development and leverage this to develop software which pushes the boundaries of what has been achieved in the autonomous vehicle safety space.
The Motional Las Vegas office is located less than 10 miles from the Las Vegas strip at 730 E Pilot Road, the Las Vegas office is home to one of the largest fleets of self-driving vehicles. The city’s grid system of roads and being one of America’s “smart cities” allows for extensive research and development testing.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with software and system teams to lead the AUTOSAR development workflow including system description, development of components, integration of components to the system, deployment on target hardware, debugging using tools for embedded systems.
- Act as the AUTOSAR Subject Matter Expert during software architecture and development phases
- Provide AUTOSAR technical leadership and mentoring for other engineers in the organization
What we're looking for:
- Familiarity with Vector AUTOSAR tools
- 3+ years of experience with at least 1 years direct AUTOSAR experience
- Experience with bringing up AUTOSAR on new microcontroller platforms
- Good understanding of AUTOSAR Development Workflow
- Experience creating System and Software Descriptions for AUTOSAR
- Strong embedded hardware/software background including working with peripherals
- Hands-on experience with configuring AUTOSAR MCAL, BSW, RTE, and implementing SWC and CDD
- Hands-on experience with automotive communication protocols such as CAN, CAN-FD, ETH, LIN, SPI, etc. using tools like CANalyzer, WireShark, etc.
- Proficient in C and familiar with C++
Bonus Points (not required):
- ISO 26262 familiarity, familiarity with Functional Safety
- Experience with Multicore development
- Experience with OSEK is a plus
- Experience with working with cyber-security requirements
- Low level microcontroller development
- Experience working with external companies and suppliers.
- Other OS experience. Eg:- QNX, FreeRTOS, Linux, SafeRTOS
- Experience with build systems and build system generators. E.g. Make and CMake.
- Experience with communication middleware. E.g. DDS or ROS-based communication
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.