Embedded Software Engineer-Linux at John Deere (Des Moines, IA)
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Urbandale
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Embedded Software Engineer-Linux
As an Entry-Level Embedded Software Engineer for the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group located in Urbandale, IA or Dubuque, IA, you will participate on a team to design and develop high quality software for in-cab vehicle displays. In addition, you will:
- Perform product design, testing and/or analysis work for a defined portion of a project.
- Operate in an Agile software development team, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews.
- Develop recommendations within established guidelines; work and decisions are reviewed by technical leads before implementation.
Visa Sponsorship is not available on this position.
What Skills You Need (Required skills/experiences)
- Experience with software product development through practical work experience, internships, or educational experience
- Experience with Linux (application development, using and configuring)
- Experience working with C++ or other object-oriented languages
- Experience in scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience in roles that required demonstration of excellent communication skills
What Makes You Stand Out (Desired skills/experiences)
- Experience using Qt, QML, OpenGL, SQL, or GIS software libraries
- Experience and expertise with C++ (including modern C++ syntax, patterns, practices)
- Experience or training with multi-process and multi-threaded systems
- Experience or training with performance profiling tools
- Experience with algorithmic analysis and optimization
- Experience designing and configuring software build systems
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and software test automation
- Experience with CAN and Ethernet networking communication protocols
- Construction / earthmoving industry experience
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar, or five years of equivalent work experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extend authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried and Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.