Here at Odeko, we believe that humans achieve more when they control their own destiny. That’s why we’re creating best-in-class solutions that empower small businesses to realize their big dreams -- starting with our mobile ordering app and supply chain management service. With Odeko, coffee shops and cafés can increase their revenue, lower their expenses, and reduce their environmental footprint effortlessly.
We’re a passionate team of dreamers and builders, determined to liberate small businesses from the not-so-fun aspects of the job so that they can focus on what’s fun and important.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead several teams of our engineering department and to help us scale while building new products. You’ll lead by influence, ensuring your teams' productivity and objectives. You will have to be part technical master, part negotiator, part people manager. The technical solutions put out by your teams need to be aligned with the higher strategic objectives and you will relate extensively with stakeholders from other areas of the organization.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident in managing your teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. We also expect you to oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help Odeko grow.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Oversee cross-disciplinary digital product teams, their people, and their projects.
- Set, align, and report on goals for your teams.
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements.
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, budget goals, and timelines.
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources.
- Actively participate in the hiring process of engineers and coordinate their training.
- Research, explore, recommend, and internally sell innovative ideas and technologies.
- Coordinate with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Review and update policies and documents relevant to internal systems and equipment.
- Work experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department, ideally at a startup
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development, ideally in our stack (AWS, Kafka, Ruby on Rails, Node, TypeScript, Kubernetes, React & React Native)
- Good understanding of agile methodologies and the ability to instill best practices
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Excellent project management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Remote first work environment
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k Matching available
- Collaborative culture
Odeko is committed to building an inclusive, diverse team. We offer competitive benefits and the opportunity to truly grow. If this sounds good to you, we’d love to hear from you!
No third-parties please.