Want to be part of a company that frees you to innovate and implement your powerful ideas, as you help build the future of cybersecurity? Since 2012, CRITICALSTART has helped protect thousands of businesses from cyberattacks, prepared them for tomorrow’s threats, and racked up a long list of awards in the process.
We live and breathe innovation, not bureaucracy. CRITICALSTART built the first MOBILESOC app for on-the-go threat detection and response, developed a way to automatically resolve most security alerts, and created services to reduce the time spent investigating alerts by 99.3% (analysts really love us for that).
We’re employee owned, and everything we do centers on three fundamental beliefs: Do what’s right for our customers. Do what’s right for our employees. Don’t do things that suck. Really, that’s it.
If you’d rather hear from our Critical Crew, watch this video to learn their thoughts. Read our Glassdoor reviews and you will see another inside view. (Pssst…Want to really catch our attention when you submit your resume? Include something about our Glassdoor reviews that spoke to you.)
What can we offer you?
• Daily chances to save the world. Or at least save our customers from attacks and breaches.
• Plenty of other smart, talented, high-performing people to work with. We each take accountability, make each other better, and love what we do.
• A “they’re good, we’re better” approach to transform our industry and not settle for good enough. Lots of other cybersecurity companies hire good people. Aren’t you better than just good?
• New things to learn, innovations to unlock, and a supportive, collaborative environment.
• Lots of industry recognition. So much, it’s almost embarrassing. Almost.
• Equity-stake ownership in our company, plus lots more benefits you’ll read about below.
• We couldn’t say it better than one of our teammates: "Every day is a challenge and there is so much opportunity for professional development. …your role directly contributes to the larger purpose of the company, and the sense of belonging and culture are unmatched.”
Who you are?
As a Digital Forensics and Incident Response engineer you will be a member of a team of forensic and Incident Response professionals representing Critical Start professional services. Your experience and skills will be utilized to respond to customer Security Incidents and Breaches, as well as participate in IR training, Tabletop exercises, and IR Readiness assessments.
What you will be doing?
- Represent Critical Start IR during Incident engagements
- Conduct IR investigations using Network Forensic, host Forensic, and/or Incident Handling expertise
- Contribute to client deliverables during engagements
- Assist in development and delivery of training, and IR assessments
What you will bring?
- 3+ Years’ experience in Incident response or Cyber Security
- Proficiency in either Network forensics, Host forensics, Threat hunting, or tier 2 Incident Handling
- Certifications in Incident handling, Forensics, or Malware analysis
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of current threat landscape
- Knowledge and application of cyber kill chain
- Experience identifying vulnerabilities in network security architecture regarding security Incidents
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related engineering field
- 1 + years’ experience in consulting industry
- Proficiency with Scripting language(s)
- Knowledge of evidence handling (Chain-of-custody)
- Experience with Splunk queries
- Experience performing forensics on Windows, Linux, Unix, Macintosh OS
- Experience with NetFlow and PCAP analysis
- Static Malware Reverse Engineering skills
The following qualifications are not required but highly desired:
What’s it like working here?
Think fast-paced, fun, and fulfilling. We’re professionals and our work is important. Like save-our-customers-from-disaster important. But that doesn’t mean we take ourselves too seriously.
Want casual dress every day? No problem, we think better in comfort.
Depending on the role, you might work in the office, remotely, or use a hybrid model of work. Our Plano, TX workplace includes open offices, meeting and collaboration spaces, phone rooms, and wellness rooms. In the breakroom, things can get a little competitive playing ping-pong, shuffleboard, foosball, or the gaming machine. What’s a little competition among friends?
What does our Comp and Benefits package include?
• Competitive salary with bonus opportunity
• Employee Healthcare 100% paid for employees/50% for dependents
• Unlimited PTO Plan
• Dental & Vision Plan
• Employee Stock Options
• Employer Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability coverage
• Employer Paid Short-Term Disability coverage
• Universal Life with Long-Term Care
• Additional Voluntary Life Insurance coverage
• 401(k) Plan with Matching Program
• Employee Assistance Program available 24/7/365
• Teladoc Mental Health Benefits
• Voluntary Pet Insurance
• A new Tesla…hey, just kidding! Extra points for reading all the way to the end.
More Information on Critical Start
Critical Start operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Plano, TX. Critical Start was founded in 2012. It has 252 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 16 open jobs at Critical Start, click here.
Read Full Job Description