Digital Avatar - Developer at Unity (Remote)
As a Graphics Developer, you will be in the unique position of working alongside some of the most forward-looking technologists in the industry helping to advance the state of real-time character technology. As part of our group, we research and define novel technologies, with the goal of solving cutting-edge challenges. We aim to develop innovations that solve real problems for our users, rather than novelty for its own sake. You will join forces with the product teams to help define a successful landing path for the innovations that will have a real impact on the lives of millions of Unity creators.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Research, design, and implement innovative approaches to solving problems worth solving in real-time content creation, as complete solutions, to ensure that Unity graphics leads the industry and help set new bars for what can be achieved with real-time characters
- Closely collaborate with our other developers, technical artists and product designers to create end-to-end architectures and systems
- Combine novel techniques with maximum efficiency by learning the specific operation of our hardware platform targets
- Invent, extend, and maintain features, workflows, and tools
What We Are Looking For
- Passionate graphics enthusiasts who care to work in a collaborative, supportive, and thriving team
- Experience with modern game engine systems, 3D content creation technologies, or other 3D software
- Programming skills (C#/C++/Shading Languages/Python)
- Strong proficiency in mathematics, especially 3D geometry
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience.
You Might Also Have
- First-hand experience with content creation pipelines for graphics content and working with artists on real-world productions (eg: shipped AAA games)
- Extensive knowledge of real-time graphics and modern computer APIs and hardware architectures. You know how to get the most out of GPUs and CPUs.
- Proficiency in Machine Learning
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.