At Hiro, we’re making it easier for developers to build the next generation of smart contracts and decentralized apps. We build developer tools for Stacks, an open-source network which makes Bitcoin programmable. With Hiro, developers can test and deploy smart contracts, spin up nodes and other server-side resources for scaling, and get access to monitoring and analytics. Our solutions provide developers with the convenience and reliability they need to be successful.
Hiro is funded and backed by more than $100 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and others.
About the Opportunity
Hiro is looking for a passionate and collaborative DevOps Engineer to help scale our infrastructure to meet our growing needs and build “developer empowering” solutions. DevOps engineers at Hiro are hybrid systems and software engineers with a two-pronged mission: 1) empower teams to build, test, deploy and monitor services used by hundreds of thousands of users (soon to be millions) at scale with high velocity and quality and 2) eliminate toil across our engineering, IT and other operations.
What You'll Do
- Improve the tooling and automation for building, testing, and deploying software and services
- Collaborate with engineering teams on building / launching new products and features
- Evangelize and implement industry best practices to improve the security and ease-of-use of our production environment
- Diagnose problems from all sides and quickly narrow down potential solutions
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Improve operational standards, tooling, and processes
- Engineer solutions to automate, and streamline monitoring and incident escalation, improve resiliency and uptime
What We're Looking For
- 6+ years of experience in an SRE / DevOps / equivalent role
- Excellent communication skills and comfort working with a diverse team across time zones
- A sense of ownership, humility, and bias to action
- Able to see a problem from all sides and quickly narrow down potential solutions
- Proficiency with container technologies like Docker, Containered, rkt, etc., Linux, scripting & automation
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes application deployment building blocks - Deployments, Services, Persistent Volumes, and Config Maps
- Experience deploying, scaling, and troubleshooting production services
- Competence in working with public cloud infrastructure such as GCP, Azure, and/or AWS
We'd Also Like to See
- Familiarity with running blockchain software (bitcoin, ethereum etc)
- Hardening, securing the Kubernetes cluster with monitoring and auditing dashboards
- Experience with multiple technology stacks for configuration, monitoring, logging, alerting, CI/CD, application runtimes (Python, Node, Rust)
- Experience with caching and database solutions (e.g. Redis, Postgres)
- Experience with logging, tracing, proxy, and monitoring dashboard tools such as ELK, Grafana, Prometheus
- Experience with various network protocols, such as SSL and DNS
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t have experience or interest in every bullet. There’s no perfect candidate and we want to find the right fit, even if it’s different than we imagine. We especially would like to meet underrepresented/underestimated candidates.
What We'll Offer
- Competitive NYC based Salary (regardless of location, benchmarked annually)
- Company equity and Stacks (STX) tokens--STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Stacks network
- $500/mo co-working space reimbursement
- $1,200/yr budget for learning and development stipend
- $1000/yr of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
- Daily Lunch Reimbursement(even if you’re remote!)
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Family-Friendly Health Benefits
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and dependent care(FSA)
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401k with 3% match
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
Hiro is the leading developer tools company for Stacks, the open-source network which makes Bitcoin programmable. Our mission is to accelerate mainstream adoption of blockchain technology and build a better, user-owned internet for all. Hiro was founded in 2013 under the name Blockstack PBC and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors distributed across the globe. Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. Visit our website to learn more.
Hiro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Hiro is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.