DevOps Engineer (Xpanse Cloud Infrastructure) at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As a member of our DevOps team, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between development, operations, and infrastructure. You will partner with the engineering team to deliver high-quality code backed by services such as Google Cloud DataFlow, Bigtable, Kafka, Postgres, and Prometheus. You’ll work on improving our agile process, enabling rapid feature development, and automating infrastructure management through the use of technologies like Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Prometheus.
DevOps at Expanse powers our business by building a great platform and enabling rapid product delivery across the organization. We work alongside Development on every project. We design. We code. We deliver. And we have fun while doing it. If this sounds interesting to you then contact us. We want to learn more about you.
- Respond to and resolve DevOps support tickets within our SLO
- Work with the DevOps and Engineering team to configure, support, and improve the infrastructure and tooling of our Big Data platform
- Participate in the DevOps Agile Iteration/ Scrum Sprint process
- Monitor the performance of production cloud applications.
- Practice an "infrastructure as code" approach to system management.
- Drive continuous process feedback improvement.
- Participate in on-call rotation, respond to alerts, troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Degree in a Computer Science/Software Engineering or related field at a university/college. Or equivalent experience from boot camps/certifications, or any other kind personal development experience.
- Experience with any popular scripting language (Python/Go/Etc.)
- Proficiency with the use command line/shell and its scripting (Bash/Powershell/Etc.)
- Experience with and practical knowledge of Linux.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform or CloudFormation)
Nice to Haves:
- Networking/Database experience of any kind especially in a cloud infrastructure setting such as GCP/Azure/AWS.
- Experience using Docker containers; Kubernetes.
- Experience with IAM
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $140,100/yr - $206,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here. here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.