Database DevOps Engineer (Johnston, IA - Hybrid) at John Deere (Des Moines, IA)
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Johnston
Function: Technology (CA)
Title: Database DevOps Engineer (Johnston, IA - Hybrid) - 99180
Onsite/Remote:Partial Remote Position
This position is eligible for a flexible work schedule arrangement at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As a Senior Software Engineer for John Deere Financial located in Johnston, IA you will:
- Work on a multiplatform database dev ops product team.
- Support the product's design by planning its work, coordinating with others and writing and testing database code.
- Be part of a team that will support and develop database infrastructure for John Deere Financial.
VISA Sponsorship is NOT Available for this position
What Skills You Need
- 2+ years of experience in database administration
- Understanding of applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints (3 or more years)
- Experience with AWS, RDS, and Aurora instances
- Working examples of using infrastructure as code associated with database management
- Working Understanding of Agile/Scrum team roles and responsibilities
- Collaboration skills to effectively work with team members and stakeholders to ensure solutions meet business needs
- Ability to mentor other engineers
- Strong analytic skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Proven experience working in a team environment
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience coding any of the following languages: Python, React, Java Scripting, Terraform
- Experience with DevOps principles and lean development such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, Active Control etc.)
- Experience working with infrastructure as code in regards to database administration
- Experience working on more than one type of database management system.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sql Server or Db2 for Z/os preferred.
- Experience tuning and writing SQL.
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.