Data Center Engineer at Expedient (Phoenix, AZ)
Expedient is hiring a Data Center Engineer in our Phoenix, Arizona facility. This position will deliver network solutions, managed services and virtual environment installations that are sold to our clients and supported by our technical support teams. The job involves occasional travel to local client sites (1 time per month) and travel to other Expedient locations/cities (2-3 times per year).
Expedient is a provider of cloud and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. Our technical solutions enable Expedient clients to focus on their own business innovation, while our team handles the information technology needed to support it.
Sponsorship is not provided.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of services that we provide, Expedient is a business that employs essential workers, based on the CDC guidelines. Under the COVID-19 restrictions, the majority of our employees are currently working remotely. However, there are critical positions, such as this one, that require an occasional physical presence on-site in the data center. As a result, every effort is being made to ensure the protection of our employees in the data center.
- Installation of client services, troubleshooting the network and partnering with sales, delivery & implementation and technical support teams
- Perform Telco cross-connect installations (POTS, DS1, DS3, Ethernet, Fiber) to include data center structured wiring, client circuit demarc extensions and CPE hardware configurations
- Installation and initial setup of network hardware, servers and storage devices supporting Expedient's highly scalable infrastructure
- Communicate and partner with project managers, clients and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to projects in a timely manner
- Follow implementation guidelines, processes and procedures to ensure Service Delivery standards and quality are met
- Perform appropriate testing to ensure delivered services are fully functional
- Interface with clients to isolate and resolve technical issues
- Ensure appropriate documentation of the implementation is generated, maintained, and delivered with the implemented services for effective hand-off and transition to the Operations Support Center (OSC)
- Experience with IT and technology -- acceptable experienced can include self-study, technical school or work experience
- Solid understanding and familiarity with Telco and Ethernet and Fiber connectivity, structured wiring and vendor management
- Industry certifications preferred (examples: CCNA, JNCIA, CompTIA A+, Network+)
- Strong client services skills are an absolute must; this role works directly with our clients, so professionalism and patience are required at all times
- Solid understanding and familiarity with internet technologies including: principles of networking, Microsoft Windows, VMware, SAN Storage Devices, Juniper, Arista and Cisco
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities that are time-sensitive
- Ability to work independently and with a team and willingness to learn quickly
- Ability to be flexible for occasional night or weekend implementation projects as needed
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and provide proof of current personal automobile insurance to comply with company policies
- Lifting - Frequently lifts lightweight items and occasionally lifts heavyweight materials such as equipment parts, hardware, and materials
- Manual Dexterity - Ability to operate tools, to work on equipment and to do equipment installations
- Must be able to climb and balance oneself on a ladder, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl into tight places as required
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT We place a high value on learning and staying agile in the technology arena. We make education and training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven training and tuition reimbursement program. Additional benefits include, but are definitely NOT limited to; 3 weeks of paid time off, top-tier, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous match and a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. Expedient is committed to providing its employees with an environment that promotes collaboration with both team and individual success.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest.
If this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.