Cybersecurity Engineer - Cyber Security at Visa (Atlanta, GA)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
The Cybersecurity Operations Level-1 Engineer is primarily responsible to monitor, analyze, and resolve network security devices and systems issues. This position will manage technical support requests directly from users as well as prioritize escalations from other team members and field engineers. Our engineers are responsible for maintaining application uptime and improving their computing experiences through effective maintenance, problem identification and resolution activities.
The position requires an in-depth understanding of how logical and physical connectivity issues can affect network and systems security posture and transaction quality.
- Monitor, analyze, and resolve network security devices, systems, and tools issues
- Troubleshoot issues stemming from configurations on platforms such as firewalls including web application firewalls, proxies, distributed denial of service systems, data labeling and loss systems, and host-based security controls
- Follow both work instruction playbooks and runbook automations activities. Provide feedback to modify and suggest changes to work instructions for similar impacting events
- Understand and work within established Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure timely response
- Track, update and resolve all assigned incidents, changes, and problem reports in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets a standard of high quality
- Follow documented support procedures, managing each issue through resolution or turnover to maintain established service levels
- Solicit feedback of documented procedures to accurately record resolution and ensure client satisfaction
- Measure and review work instructions for accuracy of execution and to drive toward objective response and restoration time frames. Review and solicit improvements through second level support groups and peers
- Maintain and achieve new technical skills through inhouse or external trainings by engineering or higher-level support teams
- Modify and create work instructions or Recipes to prepare for similar impacting events and allow for a quicker response. Constantly review work instructions for accuracy and ask for improvements through second level support groups
- Lead, support or contribute based on various incident bridges stewardship in support of timely resolution of internal issues
- Proactively monitor, recognize, analyze, isolate and/or resolve documented hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing techniques
- Articulate problem statements with clarity. Consult with L2 support groups or development teams to drive toward long-term restoration and resolution of incidents
- Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to management, other internal support groups, and customer pages, email broadcasts or verified phone calls
Basic Qualifications :
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
Preferred Qualifications :
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Work experience or training as a Network/Security Operations Engineer, network/security support analyst or experience across multiple technologies such as firewalls including web application firewall, proxies, distributed denial of service systems, data labeling and loss systems
- Understanding of network monitoring concepts and management tools. Knowledge of systems, application, and fault monitoring toolsets namely Indeni, Splunk, Moloch, QRadar, Solarwinds, NetCool, or other similar platforms
- Functional understanding of packet and protocol from firewall/and other systems through tools such as Wireshark to support troubleshooting activities
- General knowledge of networking and routing topology, cybersecurity frameworks, constructs and auditable standards
- Communicate effectively throughout the incident management process to ensure that all communications are timely and accurate, as per documented process
- Understanding, proficiency, or certification of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts, preferably with Knowledge of ServiceNow or other incident and change management tools
- Familiarity of payment transaction message flows and the diverse types of exceptions that could be encountered resulting in client impacts such as message delivery outages, theft, or fraud.
- Possess the background, experience, or skills to maintain both central and distributed firewall platforms such as Provider-1, Panorama management and logging infrastructures.
- MS Office suite functional use
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.