CTO, Crypto/Blockchain at LivePerson (Seattle, WA)
LivePerson is a founder-led company that was started in 1995 by Rob LoCascio. Rob invented web chat in 1997 and subsequently took the company public at the end of the dotcom era in April of 2000. Rob is the second longest serving public company tech CEOs and has grown the company to over $4BN market cap. In 2016, LivePerson made a major pivot into the conversational AI space by developing its powerful cloud based platform called the Conversational Cloud. LivePerson has over 18,000 customers and 500 of the largest brands in the world like Amex, T-Mobile, HSBC, Citi, SiriusXM, Lowes, and Coinbase.
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s Most Innovative Companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. LivePerson has also been named to Newsweek's Most Loved Workplaces list for 2021, ranking at 46 among the top 100 companies recognized for employee happiness and satisfaction at work. We hire the best and brightest in the tech industry and offer amazing opportunities to push your own limits for growth. We highly embrace innovation and experimentation. While we maintain hubs in NY, Seattle, Atlanta, the San Francisco Bay Area and in many major cities around the world, you’ll have the ability to work from anywhere with great benefits. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and with brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
LivePerson has recently launched two significant B2C platforms; one called Bella(www.bellaloves.me) and the other called Maven(www.mavenapp.com). These two platforms are built off LivePerson’s Conversational Cloud and have dedicated go-to-market and technology teams. Bella is a digital banking platform that combines love, tenderness, trust and AI to deliver a community based banking experience. Maven, is a conversational commerce merchant platform that sits above Shopify, BigCommerce and other merchant platforms and enables full end-to-end conversational AI experiences. Our goal is to fundamentally change the way people interact with business and brands based on trust and natural language. We believe the apps and websites have become cold and transactional. Our conversational experiences can create warm and connected experiences that allow consumers to truly interact with business through dialogs.
We are looking for a growth minded executive to lead our Bella business. This person will report to Andrew Hamel and drive business/product strategy, oversee budgets, plan for future growth, and lead diverse technical teams.
You will collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate and foster innovative thinking, use and learn the latest AI and commerce tools and platforms to scale the business. This role will require you on a daily basis to embody a strong business acumen combined with an operational excellence mindset. You should have hands-on experience in introducing new products and features and in working in complex cross functional solutions. You should be a great team leader, customer obsessed, data focused, and comfortable advocating for your plans and explaining business results to our company’s most senior executives. Perhaps most importantly, you should have a passion for technology and delighting customers around the globe with new and innovative experiences.
You will thrive at LivePerson in this role if:
- Design and lead continuous delivery for a multi-year technical roadmap, balancing short- and long-term goals and investments.
- Manage and inspire software engineers to innovate, invent, implement, and deploy complex software solutions in a commercial, mission-critical environment.
- Partner closely with Product Management and Designer to create, drive, and deliver innovative, compelling, and user-friendly products.
- Develop and grow leadership talent through active mentoring, coaching, succession planning, and retention strategies for key talent in a growing, competitive economic environment.
- Engineering vision and strategy - Responsible for working with multiple SVP and other VP level stakeholders in creating a clear, convincing technical strategy
- Technical Execution - Responsible for scaling and building our products globally across multiple markets - Serving hundreds of millions of Job Seekers and millions of Employers
- People Management and leadership - Manage significant sized engineering teams and inspire leaders to deliver against high priority.
- Ongoing technical reviews - Drive ongoing product and technology reviews in conjunction with the Product Leaders with senior stakeholders and drive strategic technological discussions
- Getting things done and comfortable being in details to drive functional and operational excellence
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of professional experience in technology/engineering leadership with a demonstrated track record of technical innovation, presenting product vision and roadmaps, leading end-to-end product development, and leading software engineering teams.
- Experience developing high-growth Consumer-centric products and platforms.
- Must have experience with blockchain/crypto currency technologies
- Created a high-performance, transparent environment focused on accountability and results, preferably managing several globally distributed teams
- Comfortable with product lifecycle testing, embraces a build, measure, learn approach
- Experience evaluating both cloud and non-cloud infrastructure
- Experience with both advertising and subscription models; understands how the intersection of product, data, services and customer experience drives value
- An Engineering foundation by training or by heart; has the technical depth to quickly assess the effectiveness of system architectures and technology stack, development methodologies and tools to run an efficient software design and development organization.
- As a leader, excites and inspires peak performance with unquestionable ethics and sound judgement; embraces a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality, with pragmatism and bias for action
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.