Neo4j is the world’s leading graph data platform. We help organizations – including Comcast, ICIJ, NASA, UBS, and Volvo Cars – capture the rich context of the real world that exists in their data to solve challenges of any size and scale. Our customers transform their industries by curbing financial fraud and cybercrime, optimizing global networks, accelerating breakthrough research, and providing better recommendations. Neo4j delivers real-time transaction processing, advanced AI/ML, intuitive data visualization, and more. Find out more at neo4j.com and follow us at @Neo4j.
At Neo4j, we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships. We created, drive and lead the graph database category, and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
What You'll Do:
- Working with our customer’s engineering teams, you’ll lead and contribute to all phases of the Neo4j implementation within their projects, from inception to roll-out.
- Act as the Technical Subject Matter expert for short to long-term consulting engagements where you’ll work hands on with the Neo4j products, provide expert advice and guidance, train and educate, and help prepare deployments for production roll-out.
- Develop solution architectures that address the technical requirements of our customer’s projects
- Design and build prototype solutions that demonstrate required functionality with Neo4j
- Help prepare solution proposals for our customer’s engineering and management teams that help address the overall project goals.
What You'll Bring:
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and remotely in a cross functional organisation
- 5+ years working in a consultative capacity in a Professional Services Organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication in French and English
- Able to travel >50% of the time, at occasion outside of the dedicated region
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Extensive experience with database technologies and data modeling concepts, preferably with one of the leading Big Data Database & Analytics Vendors.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience designing and developing enterprise class applications.
- Hands-on development experience using Java/J2EE, XML, SOAP, Web Services (REST, SOAP, WSDL, etc.), middleware and EAI, Design Patterns, JUnit, Eclipse IDE and database technologies.
- Experience with complex data analysis, data migrations, and system integration, strong object- oriented programming skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Previous experience in a consultative role, with complex, customer-facing projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Experience with source control software such as git, svn, etc.
- Comfortable with learning new technologies and development languages as needed
- Passionate about solving technical problems
- Capable of educating and training small groups
- Great listening skills and attention to detail
Nice to Have:
- Industry vertical experience in Financial Services, Retail or Telco
- Graph DB related experience i.e. with Neo4j, OrientDB, TitanDB or similar
- Familiarity with Couchbase, MongoDB, Marklogic, Teradata or similar
- Experience in Visualization (D3, Sigma.js, Linkurious, Sawyer)
Why Join Neo4j?
Neo4j is among the 20 most popular databases in the world and the clear leader in the rapidly emerging Graph Data Platform category. We’re well funded and have an experienced management team focused on how organizations should apply data to solve challenging problems for decades to come. We have customers in every industry across the globe, and we build technology that has a proven product/market fit. Joining our team is an opportunity to define the future of data, analytics and automation.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, engaging virtual events and a welcoming team. You will love your co-workers!
Neo4j is a privately held company with our U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California. We have employees located all over the world, from Thailand to Canada, many of whom work remotely, and we have offices in Sweden (Malmo and Stockholm), the UK (London) and Germany (Munich).
More information at www.neo4j.com.
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We foster collaboration and each of us is empowered to contribute and put our innovative stamp on projects. We hire candidates who reflect the following Neo4j core values:
We value relationships
We focus on user success
We thrive in a culture that is open and inclusive
We assume positive intent
We welcome intellectually honest discussions
We deliver on our commitments
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Neo4j:
At Neo4j, we value relationships and that involves building an environment where everyone feels like they belong. We believe strong relationships involve being accountable, bringing our whole selves to work, valuing intellectually honest discussions and being receptive to new ideas and perspectives. One of our central goals is to provide an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace for everyone to develop their potential and have a positive, career-defining experience.
Are you intrigued by this role? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t 100% fit the qualifications above.
Neo4j is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read the privacy notice regarding Neo4j's recruitment process to understand how we will handle the personal data that you provide.
More information at www.neo4j.com.
More Information on Neo4j
Neo4j operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Mateo, CA. Neo4j was founded in 2007. It has 529 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 24 open jobs at Neo4j, click here.
Read Full Job Description