We're looking for a full-time Backend Software Engineer to join us in our mission of bringing the ion Factory OS to next-generation hardware builders around the globe. Our newest recruit will join the First Resonance team full-time in Los Angeles, CA (HQ in Downtown) and become foundational members of the First Resonance product team.
Are you excited by the opportunity to assist manufacturers working on eVTOLS, rockets, robots, and autonomous vehicles? The most important characteristic of our product team is their interest and eagerness to support companies that are tackling some of society’s greatest challenges such as climate change, space exploration, and autonomous transportation.
With this role, you will join a diverse product team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We pride ourselves on being fast learners, quick-thinkers, and agile executors. While a spur-of-the-moment ping pong tournament is occasionally required, our number one priority is always assisting our ion customers with our manufacturing platform. If you want to play a key role in the future of hardware and Industry 4.0, come join us!
A day in the life of this role includes:
- Develop well-tested, GraphQL mutations and queries to expose the underlying data model to users.
- Design Postgres tables and corresponding SQLAlchemy models from defined specs.
- Architect and write independent modules to execute code off the request cycle.
- Optimize ORM model code for reusability and efficiency
This role may be a fit for you if you enjoy solving problems with resourceful thinking, collaborating across departments, and flexing your creative muscle.
- Strong Google and StackOverflow skills
- Strong proficiency in Python
- Thorough understanding of Object Relational Mapping libraries, preferably SQLAlchemy
- Proficiency with relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Experience developing user friendly APIs
- Experience with version control via Git/GitHub
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token (JWT)
- Experience with unit testing and integration test frameworks (pytest)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical execution
You might have:
- Experience with python data science libraries (pandas, numpy, sklearn)
- Has built production-grade software systems used by others
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools
- Experience building enterprise applications
- Experience building manufacturing tools or working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience writing ETL processes
- Experience with GraphQL
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
First Resonance accelerates the speed and reliability of hardware development for companies manufacturing the next generation of hardware products. This includes electric airplanes, autonomous vehicles, robotics, and more. We are a group of software, hardware, and manufacturing engineers that are bringing the best of modern UX and data science to an industry that has been overly rigid in its innovation. We are removing the barriers preventing radical advancement by providing tools to manufacturing engineers and operators to move information more freely, collaborate with their teams more easily, and use the power of data to predict problems and provide insights that result in better hardware quality and delivery.