Backend Software Engineer II at Lucid (New Orleans, LA)
| New Orleans, LA
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:05 p.m. (CST) on Friday, May 27, 2022
Lucid (a Cint Group company) is a research technology platform that provides programmatic access to first-party data. With respondents in more than 100 countries, Lucid enables anyone, in any industry, to survey online audiences and get the answers they need. These answers reveal the sentiments, motivations, and behaviors of target demographics – data that can be used to build business strategies, measure the impact of digital advertising, publish research, and more. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
Lucid seeks a remote mid-level Backend Software Engineer to join our Core Platform team based out of Dallas, TX. This team is working to develop real time data structures and solving big data problems utilizing modern technologies like Go, Python, SQL, and AWS cloud environments.
This role is open to candidates living in the United States to work remotely or from one of our US-based office locations (New Orleans, Dallas, New York).
The ideal candidate for this role will have 3-5 years of hands-on professional software development experience.
- Write reliable, maintainable, well-documented code that will scale to support millions of events
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Execute the full software development life cycle as part of an Agile team
- Collaborate with Product Managers to refine and modify requirements
- Following established design paradigms and design patterns
- Strong unit testing and integration testing practices
- Participate in the on-call rotation to monitor shipped features for success and issues
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing software for the user interface, business logic, data modeling and systems, and component integration
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- 3-5 years of hands-on software development experience in Python, Go/Golang or other modern web technologies
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Competency in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Proficient SQL and Database skills
- Experience with high volume and high-performance Web Services
- Ability to rapidly debug and solve problems
- Experience in working in an agile environment with rapidly changing requirements and tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Bonus Points if you Have:
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Experience with microservice architecture and platforms and building RESTful APIs
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, noSQL, modeling and query authoring (SQL)
Lucid's Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More about Cint
Cint is a global software leader in digital insights gathering. The Cint platform automates the insights gathering process so that companies can gain access to insights faster with unparalleled scale. Cint has the world’s largest consumer network for digital survey-based research, made up of over 155 million engaged respondents across more than 130 countries.
Over 2,900 insights-driven companies - including SurveyMonkey, Zappi, Kantar and GfK - use Cint to accelerate how they gather consumer insights and supercharge business growth. Cint Group AB (publ), listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, has a rapidly growing team across 14 global offices, including Stockholm, London, New York, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney. (www.cint.com)
More Information on Lucid
Lucid operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL, New York, NY and Plano, TX. Lucid was founded in 2010. It has 520 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 4 open jobs at Lucid, click here.
Read Full Job Description