Atlassian is looking for a highly motivated and talented engineer with hands-on experience designing and developing cloud-native applications to join our team. You will get to build solutions for internal customers to address their pain-point.
Event Platform is a critical part of Atlassian success. We are the 4th most used internal service at Atlassian and we're on the mission to address all streaming needs at Atlassian. By joining this team, you will be given the chance to work in a balanced team with a good mix of senior and junior engineers, to build creative and robust solutions for customers while helping support with various escalation issues.
What you'll do
As a backend software engineer, you will be part of a team of many talented engineers to design and implement the most innovative solutions to various services & features that the team owns. You will also frequently interact with other teams at Atlassian as well as Architects to build the features encompassing architecture design, backend development, monitoring and set a high bar for operational excellence of services that the team owns.
Candidates would benefit from previous experience developing and architecting micro-services.
You should have significant experience as an engineer building large-scale distributed systems. On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- More than 3 years experience building and developing backend applications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with a preference for Computer Science degree
- Experience developing and operating web applications in AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, or similar public cloud providers.
- Proven experience across the board with a strong depth of knowledge in the following technologies: Java, Kotlin, Go or other programming languages.
- Ability to design public APIs, coupled with a passion for writing clean code.
- Experience building service from the ground up is preferred - from gathering requirements, design, build, deploy, and ownership.
- Solid understanding of application performance and designing low latency, high-speed platform applications.
- Excellent prioritization and self-organizing skills.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills. You will need to explain your proposals well enough that others understand their value.
- Experience setting a very high bar for excellence across your engineering team and putting systems in place to measure against that bar.
- Ability to work well in a team, have a positive attitude, patience, and humility.
More about the team
We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You'll be joining a team that is smart and very direct. We embody the Atlassian values , ask the hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work.
This highly talented team owns some of the most critical capabilities of the Atlassian Data team. The engineers excel in taking on scalability challenges, understanding the security aspects of authentication flows, and operating micro-services at a very large scale. We are passionate about technology, but we also like to take breaks from work. We love going out for team lunches (when offices are open), and we like to spend time together in team social events on Fridays.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .