Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a backend software engineer to join Confluence Cloud’s Discovery & Organization team. You’ll be joining a team focused on building features that help our customers efficiently find and organize information in Confluence. Our team has a direct impact on customer satisfaction, and are proud owners of products like navigation, home, and labels. We are committed to building delightful experiences that are also reliable and performant.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have
- Proficiency in any modern object-oriented programming language (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, etc.)
- Basic experience with database technology (e.g. RDS, DynamoDB)
- Familiarity implementing RESTful APIs
- General knowledge of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry, and public cloud offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Passion for software engineering and getting stuff done
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal and communication skills
It would be great, but not required if you have
- Knowledge of GraphQL and web-app development
- Familiarity with Reactive programming frameworks (e.g. Spring Webflux)
- Familiarity evaluating tradeoffs between correctness, performance, space, and time
- Knowledge of principles to build reliable and performant systems
More about our team
We are a team of highly energetic and empathetic individuals. We pride ourselves in having diverse ideas and care deeply about our products and people. From Mountain View to Seattle and Austin to Chicago, we are a distributed yet cohesive team with a passion for solving customer problems.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.