Associate Systems Engineer - Spain at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
You'll be joined by a group of recent technical college graduates for a two-year intense immersion into cybersecurity and Palo Alto Networks technologies. The program includes formal technical training with hands-on lab activities, independent projects and technical study, and professional and sales skills development. This gives you the opportunity to build a strong resume, gain hands-on learning in a growing, evolving, global industry with a great compensation package.
While you are quickly ramping on Palo Alto Networks technology you will be assigned to a Systems Engineer team based in Spain and will work alongside senior SEs completing cybersecurity projects and other critical work that supports customers in the presales process. In year 2 of the program, you will work with sales and channel partners on customer engagements and establish relationships with customers with the goal of helping them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches. Upon completion of year two, the aim is to have proven technical skills and professional skills and will be qualified to take on a field SE position based on business needs.
LEAP EMEA Grad Program
You're graduating or in the very early stages of your career - Exciting! But now you face a new challenge: building a career. In school, your curriculum helped guide you, but your professional life is an open world of possibilities. It can be both exciting and intimidating and we are here to help you find your own path to success.
We have built our company on a foundation of challenging the way things are done, and we’re looking for incredible talent to help us continue this trajectory. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that’s working toward technology that affects every level of society. Join us to help build a more secure future for the world.
What is LEAP?
The LEAP program is made up of early-in-career professionals launching into a variety of fields who want to be part of an industry committed to protecting our digital way of life.
LEAP is a two-year-long program designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to excel in your career. The LEAP Program focuses on skills like communication, adaptability, and performance elevation to help enable you as you launch your career. We also provide a global community for new grads to create connections with each other throughout the company and throughout the world.
- Establish yourself as a trusted team member to SE leadership and colleagues and contribute to sales wins throughout the program
- Architect and propose solutions which address the identified cybersecurity problems in each customer’s unique environment
- Understand and effectively articulate our top differentiators in the cybersecurity market
- Act as the customer technical trusted advisor and follow up with the customer in the pre-sales process
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of applicable technologies (cybersecurity, networking, cloud environments, data center, SDN etc.)
- Bs/Ms in Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Technology, Security, or/and related courses
- Preferred knowledge on networking basics (networking fundamentals, fundamentals of internet, networks security or similar)
- Familiar with systems installation, UNIX/Linux, Windows-based systems, and Google (G-Suite/Office 365)
- Preferably familiar with cloud networking services such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Understand and effectively present technical concepts to (non)-technical audiences
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate complex problems and a systematic approach to create solutions and great communication skills
- Mature and effective time-management skills and comfortable working in a team environment
- Preferred knowledge and strong desire to learn of modern network threats and malware, network forensics, automation tools and technologies, and endpoint security technologies
- Spanish language proficiency is a must & fluent English
AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION HERE IS WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
- Please upload your CV in English
- Our recruiters review your application, if you are a suitable match we will arrange a pre-screening
- Interview Assignment/ Technical presentation
- Interview with Hiring Manager
Start date for this role July 1st 2022Additional Information
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats. Our SEs are among the technically best-in-class in the cybersecurity industry, with a deep technical understanding of cybersecurity products, integrations, and the critical cyberthreats facing our potential customer’s environments.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
We are led by our core values of inclusion and disruption - it is embedded in every aspect of our company, including talent acquisition. You have an opportunity to be a part of our mission to lead the way in becoming the most diverse, equitable and inclusive company in the industry. We are known for innovative solutions which require the best and brightest minds and diverse perspectives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.