The FreedomPay Commerce Platform is the technology of choice for many of the largest companies across the globe in retail, hospitality, lodging, gaming, sports and entertainment, foodservice, education, healthcare and financial services. FreedomPay’s technology has been purposely built to deliver rock solid performance in the highly complex environment of global commerce. The company maintains a world-class security environment and was first to earn the coveted validation by the PCI Security Standards Council against Point-to-Point Encryption with EMV standard in North America. FreedomPay’s robust solutions across payments, security, identity and data analytics are available in-store, online and on-mobile and are supported by rapid API adoption. The award winning FreedomPay Commerce Platform operates on a single, unified technology stack across multiple continents allowing enterprises to deliver a consistent, repeatable experience on a global scale. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer with specific Android experience. This is a full time salaried position. You will join a team of world class engineers and developers solving complex problems, building new product lines, and expanding existing products and services. You will be rewarded for creativity and innovation. In this role, you will be joining a team responsible for developing next generation SDK’s, tools, and apps that drive millions, and potentially billions, of payment transactions.
- Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify complex software enhancement features and/or new software products
- Improving the performance of existing software.
- Debug and fix software including difficult issues using a broad knowledge of technologies
- Participate in and influence project teams to create working software
- Provide input and lead code reviews and technical meetings
- Recommending new technologies that can help increase productivity.
- Contribute and influence project planning and estimates
- Provide guidance, mentoring and traning to other Development Engineers
- Provide input and make decisions regarding refactoring
- Protect company proprietary and confidential information
- Regularly attending team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experienced
- At least a BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3+ Android Experience
- 5+ Java Experience
- Familiarity with Kotlin or desire to learn Kotlin
- Strong object oriented experience
- Experience with interfacing with RESTful services and consuming JSON or XML
- Familiarity with Git
- Great English written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must have a commitment to industry best demonstrated practices, source code control, architecture, coding structure, and unit/system testing
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, managing multiple initiatives at one time in a fast-paced environment
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience communicating with external devices through USB, Bluetooth, or TCP/IP
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Unit testing with Junit, Mockito, and Roboelectric
- Experience creating AARs and JARs
- Strong interest in the tooling/development process with continuous integration
- Data security, encryption handling, compliance, data privacy and laws
As the fastest growing commerce company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities. FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K with company match, commission sharing plan, flexible hybrid working environment, and great parental and other leave programs. All positions must be able to successfully pass a background check as well as a credit check.
More Information on FreedomPay
FreedomPay operates in the Payments industry. The company is located in Philadelphia, PA. FreedomPay was founded in 2000. It has 259 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 41 open jobs at FreedomPay, click here.
Read Full Job Description