Here at Capital One, our goal is to fully engage our customers in order to radically change how they interact with their money. Critical to that goal is deeply understanding people--those we are fortunate to already serve, those we hope to serve, and those associates who create value for those customers each and every day. Here in the Financial Services division, we have a committed team of Experience Design Researchers, and we are looking to grow!
As an Experience Design Researcher, you will design, lead and conduct qualitative and quantitative user research. You will create research plans, conduct research studies, analyze/synthesize or lead analysis/synthesis of results at every stage of the product life cycle and make recommendations to teams as together, you build solutions that change banking for good.
- Effectively work with multiple stakeholders' interests, priorities, and expectations while working on individual research projects
- Have experience guiding teams to employ the best research methods for the problem, employing strategies to address stakeholder push back
- Be willing to teach and mentor designers in various research activities
- Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings
- Apply problem-solving skills to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Drive impact, as measured by changes to the product design and development road map
You bring your talents to:
- Strategize and position portfolio-level research plans within product road maps, business rationale, and partner priorities in order to translate business problems into human-centered problems
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research at all stages from discovery to validation, using a variety of methods to understand our customers and their relationship to our products
- Actively monitor and analyze research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic institutions, and industry reports to inform and improve our approach
- Create energy and investment in research by sharing early and often with design, product, tech, and business partners
- Leverage analytics tools and quantitative techniques to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making and prioritization
- Teach and mentor designers on a variety of research activities, including empathy interviews, concept and usability testing, co-creation, diary studies, in-home interviews
- Help organize a library of user research templates and patterns for use by the group and others and contribute to the team's effort to build a research insights library
- At least 3 years of UX research experience in a corporate environment
- At least 3 years of experience with Human Computer Interaction
- At least 3 years of experience with design thinking and agile methodologies
- Master's or Doctoral Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Behavioral Science, or Psychology
- Experience and competence in conducting quantitative research and delivering actionable insights to leadership
- 3+ years of UX research experience in a corporate or consulting capacity
- 3+ years of experience of full-life cycle research and inspection methods which occur from ethnography all the way to statistically based user testing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).