UI/UX Designer at Verifone (Phoenix, AZ)
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
We are currently seeking a User Interface/ User Experience Designer in Scottsdale, AZ to join our Global Engineering division.What you'll do
Sketch, wireframe, and prototype the user experience.
Collaborate with visual designers and developers to create pixel perfect mockups and ensure designs are fully realized.
Collaborate with project managers, developers, and clients to create the best possible solutions for the user.
Stay current on interactive design and development techniques, current design trends, the latest technologies and software tools.
Maintain consistent graphic standards.
Translate business requirements into intuitive interactive solutions.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
Knowledge & Experience
- BA/BS in Human Computer Interaction, Usability, Human Factors, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of experience working in interaction design and/or UI visual design.
- Articulate design concepts and prototypes, with the ability to define your "vision" for the project in a variety of ways - written, visually and verbally.
- A mastery of web standards, user-centered design principles, knowledge of the software development process.
- Experience designing for scalable enterprise web-based applications.
- Familiarity with networking technologies and server systems.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong skills in mediating and resolving competing requirements and designs.
- Expert proficiency with design and prototyping tools.
- Thorough understanding of the limitations and appropriate uses of web technologies.
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have a deep understanding of user experience, user interface design, prototyping, user process flow, site maps and wire frames.
- Have an intense passion for technology and how it impacts everything around you.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.