Technical Writer Instructional Designer at Cox Enterprises (Dallas, TX)
Cox Automotive is currently looking for an Instructional Designer to join our team in Atlanta or select remote locations.
As the Instructional Designer, you will produce innovative training solutions that effectively engage learners and meet business and performance needs for all sales teams across Cox Automotive. This role reports to the Sr. Manager, Sales Training.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the broader Sales Training & Effectiveness team and subject matter experts (SMEs) on the design and development of training materials for Cox Automotive sales teams.
- Validate design scope and requirements for new projects and develop detailed design documents with clear learning objectives that reflect the desired performance outcomes and meet the business objectives.
- Collaborate with project managers to create and manage project plans and timelines.
- Follow industry standard (ADDIE) instructional design practices in the creation of all content and materials.
- Consult with SMEs and other key partners to create instructor-led, self-paced, and/or online instructional content, including, but not limited to, job aids, PowerPoint presentations, facilitator guides, e-learning courses, videos, surveys, and assessments.
- Follow established learning content standards for Cox Automotive and the Learning Operations Team to ensure a consistent learner experience, i.e., templates, processes, technology, tools, inclusion, and accessibility, etc.
- Engage SMEs, learners, and facilitators for testing and incorporate feedback.
- Engage in regular peer review with Learning Operations Team instructional designers to ensure cohesive learning experiences that adhere to organizational and Team governance with a view towards continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with Sr. Learning Operations Specialist to prepare instructor-led and/or self-paced learning content for deployment and determine strategy for measuring effectiveness.
What's in it for you?
As a dynamite Instructional Designer, you deserve success in your life as well, and at Cox, we define "success" as being a part of a company that gives you lots of opportunities and options.
- First, we've created an exceptional salary package, plus an additional annual bonus target incentive. We are an inclusive, sales-friendly environment where different perspectives are valued and celebrated.
- We offer a work/life balance that allows you to enjoy flexibility, family, and friends.
- Cox gives you generous paid time-off, provides access to a lifestyle coach, comprehensive and affordable healthcare, ongoing wellness programs, adoption assistance, pet insurance, retirement planning, 401K with generous company matching contributions, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, career development and mentoring, Cox University with thousands of free online courses, parental benefits, employee resources and more!
Here's what we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and two years of experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and up to two years of experience; or six years of experience in a related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience designing and developing instructor-led and e-learning content
- Demonstrated ability to identify learner needs, analyze and logically organize complex information, and accurately transform complex bodies of information into professional, engaging, and effective learning content
- Strong graphic design and e-learning capabilities; ability to edit graphics and video and build the layout and navigation in an instructionally sound format
- Demonstrated ability to use web-based applications for collaboration and facilitation, e.g., Microsoft Teams and WebEx, etc.
- Proven experience using authoring and development tools; Articulate Storyline, Rise, and Camtasia strongly preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications; Acrobat and InDesign strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.