Sr. UI/UX Designer at Acrisure Innovation (Austin, TX)
Acrisure Technology Group (ATG) is a fast paced, AI-driven team building innovative software to disrupt the $6T+ insurance industry. Our mission is to help the world share its risk more intelligently to power a more vibrant economy. To do this, we are transforming insurance distribution and underwriting into a science.
At the core of our operating model is our technology: we’re building the premier AI Factory in the world for risk and applying it at the center of Acrisure, a privately held company recognized as one of the world's top 10 insurance brokerages and the fastest growing insurance brokerage globally. By using the latest technology and advances in AI to push the boundaries of understanding risk, we are systematically converting data into predictions, insights, and choices, and we believe we can remove the constraints associated with scale, scope, and learning that have existed in the insurance industry for centuries.
We are a small team of extremely high caliber engineers with a diverse background across industries and technologies. Our engineers have worked at large companies like Google and Amazon, high frequency trading companies like TwoSigma and Jump Trading, and a variety of smaller startups, including successful startup founders.
As a UI/UX Designer, you will work with teams across Acrisure Technology to create superb experiences for customers across our web product. On our team you will design products that are simple, intuitive, accessible, and quite simply, magical! You will collaborate with a world-class team of engineers, researchers, product managers and agency partners throughout the design process. You will deepen customer understanding through user research, customer interviews, crafting personas, user journey maps, service blueprints, user flows, wireframes, user interface mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio demonstrating your user research artifacts, visual design skills, design process, UX flows and interaction patterns, in addition to a resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
What you will do:
- Support UX design process by translating product requirements and user research insights into designs for product enhancements and new features
- Demonstrate exceptional design thinking and produce designs that are elegant, efficient and scalable user experiences, and offer optimal user experiences
- Participate in the full spectrum of the design process, sketching and communicating using design artifacts to iteratively discover and refine solutions to critical problems, balancing user needs and business goals.
- Create artifacts like wireframes, storyboards, user & process flows, journey maps, etc. to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Produce low-, mid- and high-fidelity mockups and prototypes throughout the design process to test and communicate ideas and research-derived insights
- Seek out and incorporate feedback from users and team members
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, AI experts, researchers, and domain experts to deliver superior user experiences and workflows
- Conduct research using a wide range of research methods - remote and in person, unmoderated research, surveys, interviews, usability testing or analysis of analytics
- Curate, expand and mature a pixel perfect component library and design system
- Contribute to design documentation for design and development operations
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Measure the effectiveness of features and content and drive continuous improvement
- 7+ years of experience in user interface design for digital web and mobile products or in a SaaS business
- BS/BA in a design field, HCI, or equivalent work experience
- Strong design talent and a passion for user-centered product design
- A portfolio demonstrating well thought through and polished end to end customer journeys, UX and UI designs
- Excellent interpersonal, visual, and oral communication skills. Able to deliver complex content and concepts in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner to multiple audiences
- Experience executing at all visual design stages from conceptualization to final hand off
- Comfort with running qualitative user research studies to deeply understand user behavior & motivations
- Comfort consuming detailed user analytics and analyzing user actions and performance
- You are self-directed and excited to build in a fast-paced, experimentation-driven environment
- Ability to quickly turn around wireframes and mockups and other communication artifacts in an agile, iterative startup environment
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch
- Are willing and able to work from the headquarters in Austin, Texas