Senior UX Researcher at BeyondTrust (Remote)
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in intelligent identity and access security, empowering organizations to protect identities, stop threats, and deliver dynamic access to empower and secure a work-from-anywhere world. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced privileged access management (PAM) solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
Responsible for leading all research activities for key product areas and working with the UX, Product, and Development teams to ensure a consistent, effective, and competitive user experience is delivered to customers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal teams including UX, Product, and Engineering
- Act as the user advocate during the design and development process and offer suggestions from a user-centered perspective
- Create research plans, user tests, and relevant documentation
- Interview customers, prospects, and stakeholders to understand their needs and contexts as well as gather their feedback on product direction
- Conduct card sorting and tree testing studies to identify and validate product organizational schemes
- Create surveys, facilitate survey data collection, and analyze survey data
- Plan and facilitate usability tests and organize results into actionable recommendations
- Support the QA to ensure user experience requirements are fulfilled
- Document and present research findings throughout the research and design process
- Work and build relationships with team members across the business
- Act as a UX “go to” for other teams by providing knowledge about research findings, best practices, and company design standards
- Assist the Director, Product Research and Lead UX Researcher in roadmap creation, project planning, and prioritization
- Expert level of knowledge with the product area within which the researcher will be assigned
- User advocate with a demonstrated strong interest in UX
- Self-starter; eager and able to quickly learn new technologies and approaches
- Able to organize, multitask and prioritize
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of common software development practices and proficiency working within a software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies
- Comfort in working with distributed teams
- Can successfully build and maintain relationships with designers, engineers and managers, and can champion the UX team’s ideas within the organization
Desirable Skills but not Required
- Experience with multiple BeyondTrust product areas
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in design, human factors, human computer interaction, or other related fields
- 1-5 years providing general UX leadership for complex enterprise products
- Experience with UX research tools such as Ethnio, Optimal Workshop, Validately, UserTesting, Morae, Silverback, SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics, Rev, or other similar tools
- Experience working with design and prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, InVision, Xd, UXPin, Axure, or other similar tools
- UX certifications such as those from NN/g or HFI
A Note on Covid-19
It’s paramount that you feel safe and secure throughout our hiring process and, if successful, as you onboard into the business. In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, whilst the majority of our offices remain open, we are recommending that our employees work from home where possible. All of our interviews are taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams or Zoom and we are onboarding all-new global hires on a remote basis.
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides itself on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment that embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.