Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
- Embed within one of our 5 product pillars: Retail, Institutional, Platform, Growth, and Ecosystems. These teams are inventing the future of crypto for consumers, institutions, and businesses worldwide
- Serve as a strategic research partner to Design, PM and other teams
- Act as primary contact for your product pillar’s research needs, from large generative projects to evaluative, tactical, and investigative quick wins
- Scope, plan, conduct, analyze and communicate insights from mixed-methods research, including in-depth interviews, usability testing, concept testing, surveys, field research, jobs to be done and other methods, as needed
- Transform stakeholder questions into actionable research plans
- Evangelize your insights across the company and influence product and strategy decisions, based on your work
- Collaborate with other researchers on larger strategic research projects and internal team initiatives
- Contribute to, and learn from, the Research community at Coinbase
- 5+ years of user research experience, preferably with some experience in a lead role or main point of contact for a large product area with many stakeholders
- Demonstrated history of conducting applied research within a product team and shipping products that have been shaped by your insights
- Ability to own the research process end-to-end from ideation to solution
- Experience with classic user research methods, including both generative and evaluative. Skilled at selecting the right tool for the job
- Can successfully manage project prioritization and multiple stakeholder relationships independently
- Experience collaborating and partnering strategically with Design, Product, and other partners to drive and influence product decisions
- Business mentality, with an eye on metrics and company strategy
- Ability to balance methodological rigor with scrappiness and creativity
- Excellent hustle - our industry moves at lightning speed - supporting several projects at a time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to distill complex information and concepts into simple formats and sticky insights
- Track record of influencing product decision making
- A learner’s approach, seeing feedback as a chance to grow
- Low ego, curious and open-minded
- No knowledge of cryptocurrency required!
Nice to haves:
- Experience with usertesting.com & unmoderated testing
- Familiarity with the theory and practice of Jobs to be Done
- Experience managing research vendors
- Personal experience with cryptocurrency
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.