At GoGuardian, we're helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we're committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian's growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it - always ready to experiment and learn.
We're here for the cause, but also for the culture. We celebrate our successes and wins together, and make time to appreciate our teammates every day. Take a peek into your future at GoGuardian: our Slack channels include #gardenclub, #boardgametime, #bookrecs, and #petphotos. There's always something fun going on, including concerts, classes, book clubs, and more! From virtual trivia to local meet-ups, Guardians are always finding ways to connect.
While this job posting uses "El Segundo, CA" as the location, please note this role is currently being recruited for remote work.
The Senior UX Researcher will partner with designers, engineers, and product owners to understand and represent the end-user in the development of GoGuardian products. GoGuardian's UX team is a close-knit group of thinkers and tinkerers who believe the best products are made with curiosity, optimism, and deep enthusiasm to craft products that make people's lives better.
What You'll Do
- Identify both the foundational and tactical user research needs for GoGuardian products and develop detailed plans to accomplish all required research activities
- Clarify and align the research requirements of key stakeholders and recommend methods to get at key research objectives
- Design and execute a user research plan for each research activity, including establishing research goals, defining testing formats, timelines, and all logistics and planning pertaining to conducting a successful user research session
- Recruit research participants from a variety of sources, including existing customers and users, as well as sourcing new participants that match specific product requirements.
- Implement research tools and techniques to gather, visualize, and interpret qualitative and quantitative user data with the assistance of the Design and Product team.
- Conduct research tests in collaboration with Product Managers and UX Designers, moderate stakeholder discussion, and capture all feedback and documentation
- Work with Product Managers, data science, business intelligence, and other cross-functional teams to analyze research findings and work with product and design teams to implement relevant results into the design process
- Develop documentation and presentations to communicate research results to the Exec team and any other interested groups
- Work with cross functional teams to identify actionable next steps based on research findings
- Organize all research documents, including subject recordings, testing plans, notes, and outcomes into a research archive
- Propose and initiate self-driven research inquiry based on a detailed understanding of our current products, users, and customers
- Advocate for research by developing and promoting consistent research methods within the product organization and across GoGuardian
- Make recommendations for solving problems based on user feedback
Who You Are
- BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Information Science, Research and Strategy, or related field with research experience
- 4-6 years of work experience in a product development environment, with regular customer and user contact and collaboration across all product development functions
- Experience with multiple user research methods and toolsets
- Demonstrated leadership in advocating for the role of user research as a key stakeholder in product development
- An understanding and appreciation for Design Thinking processes and methods
- Enthusiasm to share, innovate, and create world-class design with a like-minded team of fellow creatives.
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.