Senior Product Designer, Disney+ at The Walt Disney Company (San Francisco, CA)
What you’ll do
As a Senior Product Designer, you will focus on the total content discovery and playback experience, innovating on a variety of UX features that showcase our world-class content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic.
The role reports to the Director of Design in San Francisco, and you will be a part of a dynamic product design team that spans San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, and Amsterdam.
What You’ll Do
- Follow a user-centered, evidence-backed, design process, understanding real users motivations, behaviors and goals. We listen to our guests, and let their needs guide us to the best solutions.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Design for a diverse audience, from first time visitors to power-users, with various levels of accessibility, in languages and regions across the globe.
- Bring a holistic understanding of how different factors (aesthetics, user state, performance, copywriting, customer journey, etc.) impact the user experience.
- Rapidly ideate potential solutions and convey initial creative ideas and concepts; at various levels of fidelity using sketches, mockups and prototypes.
- Actively participate in feedback loops from design crits to stakeholder reviews to 1:1s.
Basic Qualifications :
Who You Are
- You have 6+ years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies.
- Collaborative, working well within a team environment to work as a group toward the best solution for the user.
- Open, transparent, and data-driven with your designs, sharing them early and often with peers and stakeholders.
- Self-directed in managing your work. Proactive about communicating project progress, status, and workload.
- Able to present and defend your design decisions to a variety of audiences.
- Strategic, always considering how your work solves user, team, and business needs.
- A systems thinker, looking towards building sustainable and scalable solutions through reusable design patterns and libraries
- Up-to-date with emerging design trends and technologies, eager to learn and share with the design team