Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is looking for a Senior Product Designer who is enthusiastic about seeing their work impact our customers and the Upwork Community. We've formed a team that will focus on the fit and finish of our community experience, setting a new course for how we build community at Upwork! You will dial in workflows and remove annoying cognitive errors. You'll increase ease-of-use and tick-and-tie every detail. Our 8 million+ talent will be thrilled! Our support team and sales teams will cheer you on as you bury long standing issues that make their jobs more difficult. With you at the helm, no longer will we leave poor experiences unexamined.
Working with our cross-functional team, you’ll define mental models and uncover ways to use the connections and interdependencies across our product to create flexible and powerful user experiences. Along the way, you'll witness how your work directly contributes to our mission of creating economic opportunities so people have better lives.
This role requires attention to detail, curiosity, critical thinking, an ability to think abstractly, and a thoughtful approach to problem solving.Your Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with user researchers, product managers, data scientists, developers, and other designers to frame problems and take ideas from ideation through implementation
- Demonstrate high quality design practices by ensuring decisions are made with appropriate user insight and follow existing UX/UI systems while making well-informed decisions to create new patterns
- Lead projects through an end to end design process: research, ideation, strategy, information architecture, interaction design, launch, and testing.
- Build a variety of design assets to communicate your concepts to a broad range of partners and end users; ranging from strategy and experience concepts to detailed design systems and assets
- Work closely with developers to deliver a polished final product
- Mentor members of the design team
- Demonstrated ability as a UX designer dedicated to the complete UX design and development lifecycle of several successfully launched desktop or mobile applications
- Experience at crafting experiences across multiple channels and operating systems including desktop and mobile.
- Must be self-motivated, excellent communicator, as comfortable taking direction as you are giving it
- Able to successfully lead all aspects of a project from start to finish
- Case studies that demonstrate your attention to detail with rock solid design solutions
- ***Portfolio is required***
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.