Do you love complex problems, helping people find exactly the right product solution, and making it seem simple? Atlassian has an extraordinary opportunity for you! We are searching for a Sr. Product Designer to join our Buyer Experience Team based out of San Francisco. Our Team partners creatively and strategically with a cross-functional team of product managers, marketers, engineers, analysts, and designers to help build and improve the experience of our customers.
In this role you'll be supporting Point A , Atlassian's newest program that is building the next generation of products powering the future of teamwork.
From an alpha release to general availability, each Point A product evolves with customer feedback, so that the end result meets the needs of customers by solving their most pressing work challenges. This is a chance to help shape that relationship and share our culture of innovation.
Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products. We're making a substantial investment in experience design, endeavoring to make Atlassian products essential for all teams. We're growing our global design team and searching for diligent, energetic designers to help us.
The Buyer Experience Team at Atlassian is responsible for:
- Owning the product vision, strategy and buying experience on www.atlassian.com and its role as an information hub to other Atlassian web properties
- Experimenting, testing, and optimizing to create a delightful, frictionless and tailored end-to-end experiences
- Aligning on a shared vision across the company and driving toward project execution
- Partnering with product marketing to bring marketing campaigns to life on the site
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Help introduce customers to the newest products Atlassian offers
- Help bring customers into closer collaboration with Atlassian product development teams, so they can build products that will power the future of teamwork
- Develop a keen understanding of our potential users and their needs, in partnership with your cross-functional team
- Partner with our Research and Insights team to use qualitative and quantitative data to inform the experience across the customer's journey
- Use these insights to design experiences that help bridge the gap between our customers' goals and the capabilities that Atlassian products and solutions provide for them
The ideal candidate will bring:
- The ability to take a systems approach to design; but also a willingness to break the status quo, take chances, and experiment to develop something amazing (And the experience to know when each is appropriate)
- An updated and polished portfolio that demonstrates strong user experience and interaction design informed by empathy for the user. This is key for us
- 5-8+ years of professional UX design experience under your belt, ideally for e-commerce and purchasing in a B2B setting
- Demonstrated love of the open iterative design process - constantly sketching, showing work in progress, validating with customers and data, iterating, shipping, learning, growing, and shipping customer value some more
- Strong facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills: you can demonstrate the ability to work across multiple teams, solicit and synthesize feedback, and facilitate design discussions
- Experience with strategies for utilizing data to inform awesome digital experiences
Bonus points for:
- Experience using behavioral economics and psychology perspectives to achieve established customer and business outcomes
- Experience working with an innovation center or bringing a product from 0 → 1
- Experience using Service Design as a means of improving end-to-end experiences
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.