Senior Game Designer at Gameloft (Remote)
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work? #Jointhegame
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.Job Description
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
- Lead the design team working on a world class mobile game
- Oversee the design of game systems, content, monetization features, and much more
- Manage your team members’ performance and career paths to help them grow and excel
- Work closely with the production, art, programming, and QA teams to maximize efficiency and quality
- Leverage audience surveys, playtests, and metrics to make decisions based on hard data
- Pitch creative ideas for new features and upcoming game projects
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated passion for free-to-play mobile games
- 5+ years of experience as a mobile game designer, or equivalent background
- Professional experience as a team lead and excellent soft skills in management
- Expert knowledge of free-to-play game design fundamentals
- Outstanding ability to present ideas through verbal, written, and visual means
- Practical experience taking games from initial pitch through launch and beyond
- Advanced understanding of game metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ability to quickly adapt and hit deadlines in a fast-paced and creative environment
- Collaborative spirit and love of teamwork
As bonus we’ll also consider:
- Experience working with an established game engine, such as Unity
- Demonstrated passion for game design shown through personal game projects
- Expert knowledge of spreadsheets tools, image editors, scripting tools, and flowchart software
What we offer:
- Work From Home wherever you are located for an undetermined time due to the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Flexible working hours to suit your schedule
- 3 weeks of vacation for work-life-balance
- 7 annual personal days
- Annual Healthcare and Lifestyle spending account
- Health insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program; because sometimes we need a helping hand
- Social Club events with awesome prizes and giveaways
- RRSP matching program
- Mentorship program and Training Subsidies to help you strengthen your skills or learn something new
- Dog-friendly studio
- Relocation assistance for those who are joining our team from abroad
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.