Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is changing how institutional investors, private clients, and UHNW individuals operate, helping them learn about and invest in crypto through tools that feel familiar and intuitive. We’re hiring a content designer to lead the in-product content creation and UX writing for these institutional products. This includes Coinbase Exchange and our prime brokerage, Coinbase Prime.
You’ll work closely with product designers, product managers, researchers, and engineers, and will report into the design systems team — a multidisciplinary mix of designers, illustrators, and writers.
Because of the need for a deep understanding of institutional clients, we are open to professionals making career pivots coming from institutions, or who work closely with these types of clients.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Partner cross-functionally to understand user and product needs to design in-product content and experiences that are simple and easy to understand
- Contribute to product content strategy as well as produce and present final UX copy for our products
- Work closely with the content design and design systems teams to improve the language across all surfaces, and establish and share writing guidelines and components
- Write technical documentation for our institutional products
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Experience working within a financial organization centered around investing and trading for institutional clients rather than retail customers
- EITHER experience producing user-focused product writing through work in tech, digital agencies, or other relevant product areas OR an enthusiasm to learn this field
- Enthusiasm for financial innovation and Coinbase’s mission
Nice to haves:
- Experience creating scalable content
- Experience shaping content for multi-disciplinary projects
- A portfolio of UX-focused writing samples
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Technical writing experience
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or equivalent practical experience
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.