Senior Content Designer, Confluence at Atlassian
Are you passionate about explaining difficult concepts in simple language? Are you a strategic thinker who can simplify complex customer problems and get stuff done with an eye for quality? Do you have a passion for crafting elegant content? We're looking for a Senior Content Designer to join our Confluence team, with a focus on crafting great features and support content.
This role is for someone who thinks bigger than traditional UX or technical writing. You can shape the content journey from product into support documentation. You can explain complex features within small amounts of product real estate and communicate value in a compelling, clear, and effective way. You consider information to be a powerful and essential element of experience design.
We are looking for a senior content designer for Onboarding across Confluence. This individual will work closely with all our confluence teams to design and build experiences that help customers to make their teams more effective and make better decisions based on what they need. This individual will also be responsible for writing actionable suggestions, and recommendations that empower our customers to move work forward.
As a Content Designer on the Confluence team, you will:
- Work closely with the product design, product management, support, and marketing teams to understand the purpose of features and how best to explain them to a range of audiences;
- Deliver effective, high-quality feature and support content for Confluence through a fast-paced, agile, and product release cycle;
- Use and contribute to the Confluence and Atlassian voice & tone, brand, and design guidelines; and,
- Engage with Confluence's close-knit design community.
When you join the team, you'd be expected to have:
- Excellent writing and content strategy skills across long and short form.
- A proven track record of working in and managing projects in an agile, fast-paced environment
- An understanding of how content design connects to business objectives
- 5+ years of professional UX writing, technical writing, or relevant experience
And ideally, we'd hope you'd have:
- A knack for creatively engaging with audiences
- Experience applying design processes, such as design thinking, critiques, user journeys, and personas, to improve or validate your work
- Experience working across desktop, web, and mobile
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Worked with a content management system, Contentful or similar tool
- Experience with SaaS, or complex enterprise applications.
- If you've used Confluence, Notion, Quip, Wordpress, SharePoint, Coda, Airtable in a professional setting.
Show us something:
- Along with your resume, send or point us to examples or a portfolio of your work. Ideally, send us work that shows us your UX writing and documentation experience.
Confluence is a team workspace where knowledge and collaboration meet. We're building a team workspace where anyone can easily find the latest company information, create and share a project plan, and communicate across teams. We believe that offering tools and practices to support open teamwork is a critical component of fueling digital transformation and ultimately strengthening business agility.
Read more about Design at Atlassian here:
Designing Atlassian - Medium
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.