Senior Artist (Temporary - 6 Months) at Curriculum Associates
Senior Artist, Learning Games (6 month contract)
NOTE: This is a 6 month contract role with the potential for an extension. Candidates must submit a portfolio with their application to be considered.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Learning Games team at Curriculum Associates creates delightful digital experiences that help millions of students learn and love math: https://i-readycentral.com/videos/learning-games-overview-video/. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Artist to create art for our new fluency product. The ideal candidate is familiar with high level set up but still enjoys rolling up their sleeves to make quality assets.
This role will focus on three key aspects of game art creation—exploring and creating the art style and style guide, setting up the art pipeline with internal and external developers, and creating beautiful, imaginative game art and icons. The right person will thrive working iteratively alongside the creative team, and enjoys having input into game concepts.
The impact you'll have:
- Deliver art and icons that are delightful, engaging, clear and supports the pedagogical needs of the product
- Collaborate with the creative team to come up with a cohesive and unique art style for the entire fluency product
- Research and analyze visual styles, make recommendations to the team, and ultimately create a style guide
- Document and create the art pipeline process from concept to delivered game art
- Use iterative sketches and storyboards to communicate your ideas for user testing and the final product
- Create art assets for all games and activities within the fluency product
- Collaborate closely with the dev team to ensure proper implementation of all art
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years creating game art, preferably for children
- Experience with setting up art pipelines, preferably in Unity
- Experience with researching and analyzing styles and creating style guides
- Highly detail-oriented and strong organizational skills with a proven ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines in highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to iterate with feedback given
- Ability to create assets quickly and iteratively with a high quality bar
- Experience optimizing art assets for small build sizes
We’d also love to see:
- Experience with animation
- Passionate about creating learning games and products for children
Location: This role is remote, but a willingness to work Pacific Time hours is preferred.
Compensation: Competitive rate.