Join the team as our next Product Designer on the Messaging team.Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
This position is needed to help lead the design of customer experiences for our growing Messaging UX team. You’ll be working as an individual contributor, owning critical design projects end-to-end while collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to discover, define, and design lovable products for customers. The ideal candidate will be a vocal and committed advocate for our customers, taking a holistic, human-centered approach to design, serving as an advocate of our customer-informed process, and as a supporter and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System.
You will be the voice of the customer across R&D, working cross-functionally and defining experiences to make Messaging customers successful. This position is critical in ensuring Twilio’s Messaging customers are able to continue to send important messages and expand into international markets. You will work alongside other product designers, product managers, engineering partners, and our customers.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes + Write it Down: Collaborate with our product partners to understand customer needs, design products and workflows to unlock their potential. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- Be an Owner: Contribute to advancing the vision of Twilio’s Messaging products by designing lovable solutions for our customers. Take personal accountability for achievement of goals and results.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Work closely with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to solve the most important customer problems effectively and efficiently.
- Don’t Settle + Empower Others: Collaborate with other Product Designers, providing constructive, and motivating feedback that helps improve their skills, and the outcome of their work. Coach junior designers across the Messaging team and contribute to the success of the UX organization.
- No Shenanigans + Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: research, design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, user testing, influencing key decision making, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrate technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and is proficient in running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback and the ability to provide useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Has experience designing and evolving complex application software in a fast-past environment, an ideal candidate has experience working with API first products.
- Experience designing advanced data visualizations and/or dashboard tools is a plus.
- Has 4+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Information Management, Psychology, or Anthropology.
- High level of influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to challenge views and perspectives while securing buy-in from stakeholders.
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Experience at a SaaS software company serving B2B customers.
This role will be in Austin (remote).
This position is a remote role, ideally based out of Austin, TX, where a number of the Communications Platform Design team are currently based. This job can be performed from most locations across North America.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $109,280 - $150,260.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]