Lead Product Designer at Kevel (Remote)
We want teammates who are passionate about making the internet a better place.
Kevel is a cloud-based service for building custom, ad serving solutions quickly and easily. We are looking for a talented Lead Product Designer with 4+ years experience to join our new advertiser platform team for retail advertising.
Location: 100% remote - United States. This position is a fully remote role and can be located anywhere within the United States. All applicants must be eligible to work within the US.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Conceptualize, execute, and iterate on Kevel’s advertiser platform for retailers, a set of tools for brands to promote products on the sites and apps of major retailers.
- Collaborate closely with product managers and engineers to define the design strategy and tactics for this product.
- Understand and champion the needs of our customers and users by spending time with Kevel’s customers, customers’ advertisers, prospects, and internal stakeholders, especially in the retail sector. Develop expertise in online retail media advertising for retail / ecommerce companies and the brands who advertise with them.
- Plan and conduct user research through discovery interviews, prototype tests, competitive research, and sales call recordings, in partnership with your product and engineering counterparts.
- Partner closely with your team to deliver design guidance in the ways you work best and make most sense for the project. This can mean workshops, journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, final comps and specs, or code.
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with your team and company leadership.
Skills you’ll bring with you:
- Lots of experience making wireframes, prototypes, and other design artifacts to make ideas more concrete, test solutions to problems with users, and provide UX guidance to engineers
- Past experience designing business tools, operational tools, and/or advertising products in a B2B context
- Experience with user testing and conducting experiments to test value in addition to usability
- Experience leading design processes, such as workshops and discovery activities
- Comfort with competitive research
Why you’ll love working with us:
- You will be part of an inclusive and collaborative team environment where all opinions and values are heard.
- We operate remotely. We are a fully distributed team across the US and UK.
- You’ll receive world class benefits including:
- 100% company paid health, vision, and dental for you and your family.
- Paid parental leave benefits (12 weeks paid maternity, 4 weeks paid paternity)
- Free press benefits
- 401k (with 4% company match)
- Unlimited vacation (with total support to take at least 5 consecutive days off per year)
- 8 Paid Holidays + Kevel Holiday Break (office closed 12/24 - 1/1 every year!)
- Flexible schedules (you decide when and where you work best)
- $500 home office allowance to purchase what you need to set up your work space properly!
- You’ll work with an award winning team! We’ve won numerous Best Places to Work Awards for several years and counting! We’ve also won many awards for our Innovation, Business Intelligence, and our best-in-class products (Software of the Year, Cloud Company of the Year, Best Ad Tech and API Innovator).
- We embrace transparency and encourage you to read more about what we value through our Company Constitution and Employee Bill of Rights, our About Kevel page, and Careers Page.
Hiring Guidelines by Country: Kevel hires new team members in countries around the world. The benefits described above are offered to employees located in the United States. All of our roles are 100% remote, however some positions may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements or varying benefit offerings. Our Recruitment Team can help answer any questions about location specific eligibility requirements and benefits after the recruitment process begins.About Kevel
Kevel (previously Adzerk) offers the infrastructure APIs needed to quickly build custom ad platforms for sponsored listings, internal promotions, native ads, and more. We are committed to helping publishers drive new revenue and take back the Internet from ad tech giants like Google, Amazon, and Facebook.
Kevel is based in Durham, NC with locations in San Francisco and London, with fully remote employees located around the world. We embrace remote working culture with over half of our team working outside of Durham, spread across the United States and United Kingdom. Kevel is proud to be an inclusive workplace with one goal in common — we want to make the internet a better place.