Interactive Web Designer at Podium (Remote)
Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium’s technology, local businesses are able to simplify the way they build their business and modernize the way they communicate with their customers – from collecting payments, facilitating online reviews, launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on local business and helping them to build thriving businesses has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride.
We are looking for an Interactive Web Designer to join our new Growth Marketing team.
Everything we do at Podium is designed to help small, local businesses grow, and this position is critical to that mission. You’ll be building seamless digital experiences, from web to in-app, for an audience of business owners that’s been underserved and overlooked. This means we have to be extremely empathetic in our approach to design, and this starts with the team. We're focused on building a diverse team capable of being supportive and encouraging throughout all of the collaboration and feedback present in any healthy design team.
At Podium, creative work is valued and brand is a key differentiator in our market. We have the resources and the talent to be thoughtful, strategic, and inventive. From our office space and company apparel to our event collateral and email campaigns, we prioritize high-quality design in everything we do.
About the role: As an Interactive Web Designer, you’ll partner closely with project managers, designers, and engineers to build and ship creative web solutions and experiences to customers running small businesses all over the world. You’ll design interactions and visuals that are thoughtful and practical, leading to a direct impact on Podium, our customers, and their customers.
What you will do:
- As our emphasis shifts toward creating a world-class self-serve website, you will own the design and user experience across the podium.com ecosystem
- Work with Brand and Product design teams to meld design systems in order to delight users with a consistent experience from web to in-app
- Help increase conversion rates by providing designs to support optimization hypotheses, and voicing hypotheses of your own
- Clearly communicate with web engineers starting with design concepts, delivery of assets through pre and post-launch QA
- Seek out feedback from peers and customers and apply what you learn to elevate your design solutions
- Must provide a design portfolio that shows a breadth of real-world experience and style. Stand-out portfolios will include examples of your style, but more importantly your ability to translate that style into web experiences that convert
- 3-5 years experience preferred but not required; selection will be based on quality and relevance of portfolio rather than years of experience/education
- You have excellent written and verbal skills. You clearly explain design decisions and rationale grounded in design and usability principles, even to team members who don't share your background
- Understanding of technical constraints and can effectively balance quality and speed.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Must have a good understanding of typography, layout, hierarchy, and design trends
- Must be able to give and receive feedback in a humble, constructive way
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment that requires flexibility, ownership, and focus
- Open and transparent culture
- Flexibility to work in this building in Lehi, UT
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- If in Utah, a stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.