Game Designer at People Can Fly (Remote)
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
The role regards the project that is yet to be announced.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!Job Description
- Designing new approaches, concepts, models, and processes.
- Focusing on game mechanics and maintaining global gameplay balance.
- Proactively identifying workflow issues and offering solutions.
- Collecting and processing player data and feedback to make project-wide decisions.
- Working with the Game Director to support the creative vision, long-term design goals, and maintain the quality of the game’s design and content.
- Working with producers to determine tasks and schedules and collaborating on game design documentation, writing proposals and final docs for all aspects of the game's design.
- Previous experience on a similar position.
- Excellent theoretical knowledge of game design practices
- An in-depth understanding of major elements of game design
- The ability to communicate well across disciplines; excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent creativity and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts, mechanics, and ideas
- Proven successes in creating compelling and fun gameplay, scenarios, and encounters
- Self-motivated, hard worker with a team-focused attitude and ability to both give and take feedback and criticisms
- Passion for Games
Nice to have
- Experience working (rapid prototyping) with Unreal Engine is a plus
- JIRA, Confluence and Perforce Knowledge
- Shipped-title experience
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.