Executive Director of Product Design at arrivia (San Diego, CA)
The Executive Director of Product Design is responsible for creating product experiences that increase conversion, user delight and remove friction. Though much of this role will be hands-on, it will be expected that this role can develop, create process, and hire for a growing design organization. This role also is a partner to business stakeholders on our Senior Leadership Team, Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, and Technology teams from ideation to operational execution. This role would own the vision around design culture, leading foundational responsibilities like design principles and pattern libraries. Responsibilities would also include vendor management, budgeting, contract negotiation, and lobbying for projects/resources. In short, the Product Director plays a critical role to deliver quality products for our partners, users, and arrivia team members.
This is a senior-level manager that requires a strong blend of customer centricity, a deep ecommerce/digital design background blended with many technical aspects of the product.
- Drives the visual design and user experience of the various applications across the organization where it provides the most appropriate business value.
- Identifies the design direction using internal and external data sources, leveraging relevant and appropriate design principles.
- Develops, creates process, and hires for a growing design organization.
- Uses a hands-on approach to the creation of solutions to increase user delight and remove friction from the user experience.
- Uses analytical skills to ask the right questions, dissect, organize, translate, and cross-reference requirements with stakeholders.
- Provides subject matter expertise related to visual design, interface design, user experience, and user psychology.
- Provides key insights about the needs and desires of customers and help development teams iteratively improve systems so that customers are happy with the product.
- Keeps an in-depth understanding of arrivia product offerings, business models, performance statistics and dependencies. Also stays informed on trends and opportunities in the competitive market.
- Drives the ongoing product design strategy for projects across the assigned area of responsibility. This includes an understanding of the best opportunities for business value, scope planning, schedule planning, cost planning, integration planning, quality management, resource management, and communication management.
- Provides input and leadership on how best to measure performance for the product user experience.
- Responsible for the ongoing analysis on the forecasted business value and the actual results from product improvements.
- Manages collaboratively the design teams priorities and yearly roadmap.
- Maintain a strong partnership with stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Manages vendor relationships, budgeting, and external contract negotiation.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of five years relevant education and experience.
- 7+ years of professional experience in product development, planning, and delivering mission-critical enterprise-grade applications.
- 7+ years’ professional experience with ecommerce websites (travel a plus).
- 7+ professional experience in creative direction and best practices.
- Experience working closely with Project Stakeholders to discern business requirements and critical success factors, guiding buy/build decisions and new product opportunities.
- Experience conceptualizing and articulating business benefits and risks.
- Ability to communicate to non-technical employees, and translate their business and process needs into technology specifications.
- Ability to work effectively in a coordinating role across multiple disciplines, a strong, open, and collaborative work style, a customer-service orientation with the ability to translate business goals into application requirements, and experience negotiating contracts with IT vendors and consultants.
- Must demonstrate initiative with or without direct authority.
- Must demonstrate creativity in solving problems or generating improvement ideas.
- Must demonstrate self-motivated time management and the ability to prioritize competing or conflicting requests and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Must exhibit strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and adeptness in handling diverse, dynamic situations and circumstances.
- Must be detail oriented and be able to follow-up and follow-through on project actions/tasks.
- Must demonstrate ability to handle diversity amongst people and environments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Who We Are:
Welcome to arrivia. We specialize in making brands better through the power of travel. With more than 55 years of combined experience, we’re a merger of three powerhouse brands (in case you’ve heard of us in the travel industry) combining ICE, SOR Technology and WMPH Vacations. With offices on both coasts of the US and around the world, we embrace diversity and a passion for travel across our global staff.
We’re focused on building a customer-first culture, fueled by the best travel experiences for all our members at every point in their journey. Grow with us, as we continue our path to deliver innovative solutions and take charge of change. The adventure is only beginning. We’re on a mission to help people around the world travel better and experience more. Our team members bring world-class skills to the table to create extraordinary memories for our partners and members.
Our Core Values:
Here at arrivia we…
- Stay Curious - Explore new challenges and make space to learn, grow and improve
- Keep it Real - Earn trust through open, honest and clear communication
- Own it - Seek ways to make an impact and take action.
- Win Together - Create a culture of connection and inclusion where everyone can be their best
- Exclusive Employee Travel Rates on Cruises, Resorts & Hotels, Tours, Car Rentals
- Medical Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401K Plan
- Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Pet Care Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dedicated Employee Enrichment & Recognition Programs
- Special local, dining and merchandise offerings