It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. We have more than 10,000 companies using our platform, our product has produced repeatable and demonstrable value for our customers, and we have a first-rate team to support our continued growth. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our partner ecosystem platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
Crossbeam is seeking a Director of Product Design to join our leadership team and direct our product design and user experience efforts. We have an existing, small-but-mighty team of talented designers, ranging from expertise in UX to IA to Design Systems, and are creating this new leadership position to advance and accelerate their efforts and create a more senior voice for product design at the company.
As the Director of Product Design, you will be the senior-most product design leader at the company, responsible for managing (and growing) a team of Product Designers. You will report to the VP of Product. You will shape and amplify the voice of Product Design at Crossbeam, advocating for a world-class User Experience and ensuring design has a strong voice in our product and overall company strategy.
- Share Design Experience: Bring extensive experience as a seasoned product designer and leader. Working closely to coach your team and share those experiences and influence the development of world-class user experience and visual design for our system
- Manage & Mentor: Recruit a diverse pool of world-class product designers and provide them professional development opportunities as well as clarity on their growth within the company. Additionally, create values and principles to guide the design culture and processes, and ensure that as a remote team, members feel empowered to do their best work.
- Product Design Advocacy: Communicate product design’s impact on business outcomes with the product team, leadership team, and company-wide contexts. Be the champion for the product design function internally, creating a healthy culture of celebrating successes.
- Cross Collaboration: Work closely with Product, Engineering, and other internal teams to align on priorities and identify opportunities for improvement both in product and process. Build a strong cross-functional relationship with our GTM teams to fully understand the pain of the customer
- Put Customers and Data First: Be a constant, vocal advocate for the customer in research, design, development, and GTM. Ensure product usage data and customer feedback are at the forefront of the product design process, guiding every decision
- User Research: We believe in giving our users the simplest path to their goal and valuing the user’s experience above all else. Help build a discipline around UX research that weaves into our existing process while upholding a high bar for the quality and consistency of work from the team, supported by our internal review processes and good UX principles
- Design Systems: Understand the value and importance of design systems in product design and front-end development while ensuring design systems are a core part of our product design and are prioritized appropriately.
THESE ARE SOME OF YOUR TRAITS:
- You have 8+ years of experience in product design (primarily in B2B SaaS contexts)
- You have experience managing a product design team in a high-growth startup environment
- You are an exquisitely talented product designer who has experience and perspectives as an individual contributor
- You are comfortable leading by example as a player-coach as the team scales
- You have experience leading UX research or working closely with UX researchers
- You love using data to drive business decisions
- You care deeply about DEI and accessibility within design
- You understand our philosophy of product-led growth (PLG) and believe that product design is a key input
- You understand the importance of organization & documentation (bonus points if you’ve used Notion in the past for this).
- You speak your mind and have no issue raising concerns with colleagues, but are also able to “disagree and commit” when things don’t go your way.
- You just read this whole list and got excited.
We go through the same interview steps for all Product Design candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process. Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it's like to be a team member at Crossbeam. Topics will range from technical skills to problem-solving approaches and collaboration
- First-round call with a Crossbeam in-house recruiter
- 1:1 call with Hiring Manager, VP, Product
- 1 hour panel interview to better understand your design leadership experience
- The final Interview is set up to meet multiple folks in succession, here's how we break it up:
- 30 Minutes with VP of Product
- 45 Minutes with Product Designers
- 30 Minutes with an Engineering Leader & Growth Leader
- 45 Minutes with Product Team Members
- 45 Minutes with VP, People & CEO
This is a salaried* role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan + Match
- Learning & Development Budget
- Remote Work Options
- Generous Wellness Stipend
*Residents of Colorado: There is a minimum salary of $180,000 plus equity and benefits for this position. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, health, dental, vision, 401k+ Match, flex PTO, parental leave, & fully remote work. The salary for this role may vary depending on your location, skills, and experience.
This role can be based anywhere in the US.
Crossbeam has always been committed to building a remote-first culture, even before the pandemic. We have a founder footprint in the Philadelphia area and team members distributed across 20 + states and several continents. The majority of our collaborative work happens on Slack and Zoom.
As long as traveling is safe, we’ll celebrate with non-mandatory team offsites and events a few times a year & team meet ups at manager's discretion.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where differences are valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.
To applicants in the European Union & California: Please find our European Union & California Recruitment Policy Here