Design Leads are curious, strategic, dedicated to craftsmanship, detail-oriented and highly collaborative. The Design Lead is an effective leader who mentors and inspires design staff and is skilled at building relationships across departments. Design Leads are problem solvers with advanced design skills and can communicate their techniques and strategies effectively to improve the overall quality of work on the team. This position will be tasked with creating and helping others to create marketing materials and sales collateral for our Investment Sales Producers (real estate brokers and advisors).
- Design real estate marketing materials including offering memorandums, business proposals, financial information, brochures, flyers, post cards, social media posts, etc.
- Mentor and support Graphic Designer(s), providing feedback and design direction.
- Create, manage, and maintain a design template library for a given business sector.
- Increase team visibility by proactively building relationships and implementing new solutions.
- Design graphics for a variety of content types including text, numerical data, maps and infographics.
- Present design work to the Creative Director and business partners, collect feedback and make updates.
- Uphold Berkadia’s brand standards and create innovative designs within those standards.
- Select and utilize color palettes, photography, typography, and other design elements effectively.
- Provide the highest level of quality and accuracy by thoroughly reviewing all materials.
- Collaborate with other team members and departments in a remote/hybrid environment.
- Managerial duties: Conducting team meetings, one-on-ones, performance evaluations, etc. (direct reports)
- Stay updated on the latest industry trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful
- Management (people and project) and supervisory experience (minimum of 3 years).
- Advanced skills in design programs including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and PowerPoint
- Brilliant interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker.
- Visually inspiring portfolio showcasing creative, design, and technical abilities
- Experience in editorial design and formatting for medium to long length publications
- Strong work ethic and ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects with changing priorities
- Effective collaborator with strong customer service skills, who can manage expectations and provide innovative, client-focused, creative solutions
- Adept at creating files for print and digital distribution
- Understanding of web standards and responsive page design
- Excellent business computer skills using Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Seven to ten years prior experience in a similar position.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: [email protected]
Berkadia does not share salary ranges in its job postings. Any salary-related information you see posted externally has not been provided or verified by Berkadia and may not be accurate.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.