Associate Art Director (Ecommerce) at FIGS
We are looking for an Associate Art Director - Ecommerce to join the FIGS Digital Product Team. The Associate Art Director - Ecommerce will work under the Digital Art Director and you will be their key partner in all Ecommerce product photography. This role will be based in our FIGS Santa Monica, CA office where our studio is.
What You'll be Doing:
- Operating with a grasp of FIGS aesthetic, this role will be responsible for delivering the best product photography for our website and app
- Provide on set art direction to ensure quality standards for models, catwalk video, and ghost product photography
- Responsible for calling and approving shots on set
- Ensure concepts, sets, lighting, styling and execution of assets are on brand, produced maintaining quality, and consistent across all photography
- Manage shoot crew in studio and lead a shoot efficiently and effectively.
- Ownership and responsibility of assets produced on-set – contribute to end-to-end planning, production, execution, and post-production processes of photography
- Partner with Digital Art Director, Merchandising and Production teams on all Ecommerce photoshoot planning; including but not limited to shot lists, sample collection, talent casting, style outs, etc.
- Make selects, oversee lighting and retouching notes, crops, color correction,, etc. in collaboration with Photographers and Retouching team
- Research and compile inspiration / references for shoot planning
- Research photography, styling, talent, fashion and ecommerce trends
- Stay up-to-date on current best practices, creative references, and the competitive landscape to maximize studio creative output and efficiencies
- Maintain full understanding of style guides, shot lists, shot direction, product assortment, & studio scheduling
- Support in the development and maintenance of style guides, creative tools, and strategy
- Bring cost effective creative ideas & solutions to the table while supporting photo and creative
- Oversee Ecommerce photography budget in partnership with Production and Digital Art Director
- 2-3 years of experience owning all Ecommerce photography for a brand
- Strong working knowledge of Figma, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and adept at working with web-based tools
- Must be willing to work from our Santa Monica office
- Experience on-set and in photo studios – understanding of production & pre/post-production, shoot planning, photography, cropping / retouching, etc
- Strong understanding of photo art direction and the ability to lead a team on set
- An understanding of the intersection of e commerce, marketing, business, and product
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.