Art Director (Moon Tavern) at Wildlife Studios (Remote)
About the Company
Moon Tavern Games is a group of old souls looking for a new adventure. We are inspired by the nostalgia, meaning, and craft of classic RPGs in the quest to create new adventures using the modern magic of mobile gaming. We want to work alongside fellow creators who value talent and trust. We welcome both masters and apprentices of the craft to join us at Moon Tavern Games in our mission to bring magic into the world.
Moon Tavern Games is a part of Wildlife Studios. Wildlife is constantly growing and launching world class games due to the amazing teamwork and collaborative work we do across our varied disciplines. Our team works closely with PM's, engineers, artists, game designers, distribution specialists, data scientists, among others, to help develop games that are innovative and impact people's lives all over the globe.
Founded by creatives for creatives: we are building a dream culture, a creative community of trust and transparency and we are looking for an Art Director who, working alongside the development team, will be responsible for helping drive, shape and build the visual experience of our game’s world.
About the Role
As the Art Director on the Moon Tavern team, you will be responsible for championing the visual experience of our games, translating the nostalgic art from retro games into modern mobile experiences. You will help us to create a unique brand new game with originality and style that suits the RPG genre.
What you’ll do
- Define and uphold the quality bar of our aesthetics - style guides, brand, visual targets and art reviews
- Lead and inspire character and concept artists to create compelling designs
- As a part of a small team, you should be hands on when necessary
- Work closely with directors, leads, tech art and engineering to establish best-in-class pipelines and workflow
- Think strategically about art and how it serves design and our players
- Provide effective and objective feedback across all art disciplines
- Support the development of partnerships with external outsourcing partners to ensure quality, consistency and delivery
What you'll need
- A high level of passion for RPG games, including the classics
- Several years of experience in the Games Industry and at least one shipped title as a video game art director or lead artist
- Understanding of game production pipelines
- Knowledge in Unity
- Working knowledge of 2D, 3D, and pixel techniques are a big plus
- Strong collaborative nature and leadership skills
- Experience setting up and working with external development partners
- Good communication skills
- Strong knowledge of technical constraints and assets optimisation
- BA/BS in related Artistic discipline is a plus
- Strong visual portfolio
- Excellent visual design skills with regard to anatomy, perspective, composition, color, lighting and visual communication
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.