WPP IT provides IT services for WPP, the world’s largest communications services group. As a creative transformation company, WPP is helping its clients transform the future through extraordinary work. WPP IT is an integral part of that journey and we are proud to provide technology for some of the world’s most creative brands.
Visit our LinkedIn page to see what we're up to!
Why we're hiring:
At WPP, technology is at the heart of everything we do, and it is WPP IT’s mission to enable everyone to collaborate, create and thrive. WPP IT is undergoing a significant transformation to modernise ways of working, shift to cloud and micro-service-based architectures, drive automation, digitise colleague and client experiences and deliver insight from WPP’s petabytes of data.
In this role you will be a member of the Workday Services Team leading our Workday Services Reporting team, your role and team will grow as we further deploy and expand our Workday coverage both geographically and capability.
Reporting to the Head of Workday Services this role is accountable for ensuring that WPP’s Workday reports are supported and enhanced as required by our business partners while remaining a source of reliable data and insight to support business decisions.
This is an exciting and varied role with wide ranging responsibilities working with the wider Workday Services team, managing a global team of 6 which grows with each deployment providing 24x5 coverage.
The Workday Services team provides the post go-live support and enhancement of the Workday solution that replaces some of our core technology and influences our ways of working for many of our colleagues at WPP.
This flagship programme will see Workday deployed across our global landscape to address the technology needs of Finance, Projects, and our People function – so essentially it touches all of our employees to some degree. The key to this programme is that technology is an enabler for change, it’s at the heart of what we do, but it’s not all of what we do. The people aspects of this programme are vital to its success. This role will help deliver that success on an ongoing basis for many years to come
What you'll be doing:
- Overall responsibility for the support and development of reports post go-live and beyond
- Validating and testing reports meet reports meet the WPP requirements
- Working with business partners to gather requirements for enhancements to existing reports and delivery of new reports as requested
- Maintain expertise on new reporting functionality/features/capabilities in WorkDay, wider industry, and technology trends
- Guide your team to run robust testing and release processes
- Manage a global inhouse team supported by our AMS partner and able to plan strategic expansion of team to support further deployments
- Support the business to build reporting self service capabilities where appropriate
- Safeguard global standards and principles against competing requests and priorities
- Champion recommendations for continuous improvement in our reports and rationalization of reports while maintain a source of data that our business partners can trust
What you'll need:
- Exceptional reporting experience in a complex environment with Workday HCM and Fins, with PSA a bonus.
- Stakeholder management including gathering requirements and turning into a technical deliverable
- Understanding of Workday or other SAAS platforms
- Excellent technical understanding report writing and development
- Team leadership of both internal and outsourced teams
- Strong ability to lead, inspire, engage, and coach a diverse team and create an inclusive culture across geographical boundaries
- Delivery focused, with high energy and drive, and ability to deliver through others
- Strong risk awareness skills and management of risk
- Creative solutioning and strong problem-solving skills with agility for fast and simple solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with superior presentation and written skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Credibility, professionalism, and strong personal integrity
Who you are:
You’re open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are open-minded: to new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You’re optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with confidence: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You’re extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we deliver extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, driven people – We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and deliver projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?