Technology Business Consultant, FIS University Program at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate, and above all fun.
Join the 2022 FIS University Program!
As a 2022 FIS University Program full-time employee, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success; including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
This two-year full-time program has start dates in January, March, June, and September with a dedicated "Learning Week" where you will;
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organization
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
This position is for a June 27, 2022 start.
About The Team
The IBS Business Intelligence/Data Analytics professional service team is the go-to team for anything data, reporting, or interfaces. Our clients both external and internal are pleased with this team's banking domain knowledge including our IBS Business Intelligence expertise to help them find solutions or answers to their data challenges. Join our fun dedicated team in the FIS Professional Service organization and be rewarded knowing you can make the difference in helping our clients with their data and reporting needs.
What You Will Be Doing
You will deliver and provide broad-spectrum consulting services with a focus on business intelligence, reporting, data management, and analytics. You should be able to create metrics and reports that focus on our clients' customer and account behaviors utilizing SAP Business Objects or other reporting and data visualization solutions. In addition, you should be able to document current and future state data warehouse and reporting needs for our banking clients by leveraging industry knowledge, technology and processes. You should bring your knowledge of financial services (best practices) that delivers results to our clients with the goal of improving their efficiency and profitability
- Creates complex metrics or reports from multiple sources. Develops requirements from users, retrieves required data to design, develop, and disseminate reports.
- Provide data management and reporting recommendations.
- Provide data mapping from IBS Core applications to third-party data warehouse solutions.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry issues and opportunities in the business intelligence, data management and analytics in the banking financial services domain including best practices.
- Builds and maintains credibility with clients and peers, as a domain expert in business intelligence, data management, and analytics.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree from job discipline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and a willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills, including both verbal and written for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
Added Bonus If You Have
- Have worked in a bank or credit union
- Proficiency in utilizing SAP Business Objects
- Have robust understanding/expertise of data storage, consolidation, and governance including data management/warehouse tools such as ETL, Oracle, database querying, ODBC, etc.
- Experience with data mapping
- Ability to work with internal teams and third parties to identify existing functionality gaps and identify requirements for product or process enhancements
- Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back to your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- Student Loan Repayment Program: FIS will PAY OFF your principal loan balance over 10 years of service! Eligibility starts after one year of tenure in the program and is for U.S. participants
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.