Summersalt is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to help grow the Insights & Analytics team and drive cross functional data adoption. The role’s primary focus will be on building meaningful and actionable reporting & interactive dashboards, and performing Ad-hoc analysis to inform decisions across departments. The Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining Summersalt’s library of departmental dashboards and reports, surfacing insights from data, and further democratizing data across departments at Summersalt.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Guide the long-term Business Intelligence strategy, emphasizing data democratization and self-service analytics.
- Function as a Business Intelligence thought leader, staying on top of modern data technologies and trends, with an emphasis on how the modern data stack can leverage BI tools to drive decisions.
- Proactively partner with all departments at the company to brainstorm and build reporting to create actionable insights.
- Continue to build out the Insights and Analytics team and function at Summersalt
- Take ownership of Data Visualization and Reporting for our organization, including scheduled reports, interactive dashboards, and exploratory analysis.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering, Data Science, and cross functional teams to ensure the business facing data layer is accurate and easy to use.
- Give direction on BI tooling, structure, and usage.
- Document processes, modeling, and architectures for better understanding throughout the data team.
- Promote data self-service across the organization by leading BI training efforts, enhancing documentation, and troubleshooting data issues.
- Assist with back-end development in Looker, working with Data Engineering to structure the connection between dbt and our BI landscape.
- 6+ years of experience as a Business Intelligence Analyst, Insights Analyst, Data Analyst, or similar role.
- Understanding of all steps of the data pipeline - from data ingestion to advanced modeling, and understanding where BI fits and can drive further data adoption.
- Technical expertise with Looker / LookML or other BI software is required.
- Technical expertise with SQL is required.
- Experience with R or Python is a plus.
- Experience working with e-commerce data is a plus.
- We’re collaborative: You champion diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. You believe that the greatest success comes from a collaborative team effort.
- We take ownership: You take tremendous pride in your work. You are undeterred, disciplined, and accountable when it comes to delivering on the needs of teammates and customers. You know that success is not an accident.
- We move at warp speed: You quickly absorb new information, skills, and responsibilities. Learning (really) fast and embracing unpredictability is a must.
Summersalt is a generation-defining apparel brand, providing wardrobe essentials for women who are going places. Summersalt launched in 2017 with swimwear made from recycled materials at a $95 price point — designer quality swimwear without the designer price tag. Since then, we’ve launched additional categories including loungewear, knitwear, sleepwear and activewear. Summersalt pieces are modern, sophisticated and fun, with an impeccable data-backed fit based on millions of measurements from over 10,000 women. In the few short years since our founding, Summersalt has built a loyal following of customers, influencers and celebrities, while garnering praise from leading fashion media including ELLE, Vogue and People.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, close-knit team that is redefining the apparel and swimwear categories and at the forefront of e-commerce, design and brand innovation. Sustainability, inclusivity and diversity are core tenants of the brand, and we work hard to inspire joy through our products and every interaction with the customer. If you want to be a part of a diverse, hardworking and fast-paced team filled with motivated and thoughtful people, please consider applying.
Summersalt champions diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Summersalt is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We hire the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, parental status, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are committed to fostering diversity across our organization.
More Information on SUMMERSALT
SUMMERSALT operates in the Fashion industry. The company is located in Saint Louis, MO. SUMMERSALT was founded in 2017. It has 74 total employees. To see all 6 open jobs at SUMMERSALT, click here.
Read Full Job Description