Sr. Data Engineer
Our Atlanta office is seeking a highly motivated individual to take on the role of Sr. Data Engineer reporting into the Director of Data Management. The Data Engineer is committed to the support and enhancement of our data warehouse as we move into the cloud. This role is responsible for the movement and loading of data and the support of those processes. Your experience with large data sets and the processing of that data through the use of T-SQL is a core requirement for this role.
Vesta is a SaaS-based, global leader in fraud protection and guaranteed e-commerce payment solutions. We are headquartered in Portland, Oregon with flagship offices in Atlanta, Ireland, Singapore and Mexico City looking for energetic new talent to help us execute on our plans for innovation, growth and expansion.
- Design and develop data pipelines for Machine Learning solutions.
- Designing and implementing Big Data and BI solutions using the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Act as a key contributor to the design and development lifecycle of analytic applications utilizing Microsoft Azure and BI technology platforms.
- Perform programming and systems analysis, as well as quality assurance, prototyping, construction, integration, and migration functions.
- Support the creation and maintenance of a diverse set of calculations that support the Data Science team.
- Support others with your deep knowledge of SQL and data processing approaches.
- Learn and maintain knowledge relevant to consumer behavior, fraudulent activity patterns and payment processing.
- Ability to tune workloads and integrate data from multiple platforms is a plus
- Create and maintain technical documentation
Education & Experience Required:
- The selected candidate will possess at least five (5) years of extensive experience working with data governance and data pipeline development.
- Highly proficient at SQL development and working knowledge of data modeling, data warehousing and data mining.
- Significant experience in PySpark and Python development.
- Experience in Azure Databricks for data governance, Azure Databricks for data pipelines.
- Experience handling large and complex sets of data from various sources and databases.
- Solid grasp of database engineering and design principles.
- Knowledge of best practice and principles related to DevOps, ITSM, Agile and SRE.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently and display initiative, self-motivation and dedication necessary for timely and successful work completion.
- Must have demonstrated history of impeccable integrity, ethics and fair play.
- Self-starter and a team player that will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office tools.
On occasion this role may require off-hours work in order to address escalations or urgent concerns.
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Vesta is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that specializes in managing payments in the “card-not-present” (CNP) arena. We use next-level technologies and cutting-edge data science methodologies to bring unparalleled accuracy to fraud detection. Our zero liability solutions let merchants step fearlessly into the world of online commerce, so they can stop chargebacks—without stopping business.
We are a company reinventing ourselves for the future in an industry that is growing and changing at the same time. We are looking for talented people to join us who resonate with our Vesta Values: trust, partner, empower, passion and courage -- and who love to tackle new challenges every day.
We are also a casual, fun and flexible workplace that also offers highly competitive benefits including a selection of medical, dental and vision care options, paid parental leave, generous paid-time-off and a paid sabbatical program.