Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function are predominantly involved in developing business solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. Primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for growth on a highly diversified technical team!
You'll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Solid organizational skills and focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Providing accurate and timely estimates for tasks
- Provide support and leadership in critical production support issue resolution
- Conduct or facilitate root cause analysis on all in-scope incidents and recommend a corrective action plan
- Work with team to achieve timely resolution of all production issues meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements
- Conduct code review to ensure the work delivered by the team is of high quality standards
- Work with business to prioritize production issue resolution
- Develops innovative approaches
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or High School Diploma/GED
- 5+ years of ETL development experience
- 5+ years of SDLC experience
- 5+ years of experience with SAS and/or SQL (writing complex queries, code optimization, etc.)
- Experience developing ETL Processes using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS
- Experience in .Net development
- Writing and executing functional specifications experience
- Experience working with and analyzing healthcare administrative, medical, or pharmacy claims data to support downstream applications, data marts, and end users
- Familiarity with Hadoop infrastructure using MapReduce, Sqoop, and Hive SQL
- Proficiency in database design, querying, optimization & troubleshooting with any of the following RDBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, and/or Teradata
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.