Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Planning, managing, and executing critical technology initiatives leveraging public cloud, data lake and data warehouse solutions
- Design and implement product features and components in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Develop and deliver highest quality and scalable cloud solutions
- Support cloud-based deployments using containers within Azure and/or AWS hosting environments
- Perform hands on work to create framework, provide sample / reference implementation to team member
- Installation and delivery of application software using an Agile development lifecycle
- Building collaborative relationships with business partners vendors, and technology
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience within the technology field as engineer
- 3+ years of experience with one major public or private cloud technologies for data lake / Datawarehouse solutions such as Snowflake
- 3+ years of experience implementing infrastructure monitoring, application monitoring and general high availability systems
- 2+ years Kafka or other streaming technologies
- Experience establishing best practices, patterns, and templates for enterprise software development organizations
- Expertise with IT operational automation and configuration management tools and practices, processes, and tools (Jenkin, Git, CICD, JPAC, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree in software engineering, computer science or related field
- Healthcare experience
- Experience migrating applications from on-premises hosted to AWS or Azure with data lake / data warehouse implementation
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.